When will Infosys send an offer letter
Sending push messages - but when?
Timing - the most important element for sending push messages
More than half of all recipients think push messages are useless. Doesn't help, annoying, can go. Almost 40% of the audience still doesn't really notice them. Push messages are a kind of background noise.
It's not the content. It fits perfectly and would like to be read by the user. But not when he receives it.
What can play a huge role in everyday life is still completely underestimated in marketing: the right timing.
We'll show you why sending the right push messages at the right time is so important. And how you will surely find this point in time.
Why is timing so important with push messages?
Your subscriber expects added value from your notifications. For example, he would like to read the latest on a topic or make a purchase decision. Incorrect timing and thus a push message at a completely inconvenient time is not a plus for the user. It disturbs, so that it is deleted immediately in case of doubt. If such negative UX accumulates, the angry customer cancels the service or blocks your or advertised page. Contact with potential, in the worst case even always loyal customers is lost.
Personalized advertising at a personalized time
How effective personalized advertising is has long been a part of marketing. However, the matching personalized timing is hardly taken into account. The technical possibilities are neglected, but the generic push notification is preferred. Although the negative effects are known.
This means that a lot of potential to reach the user is simply dispensed with. They react so gratefully when they receive the right push messages at the right time. If that succeeds, the traffic can literally shoot through the roof. You guessed it, that of course also applies to the number of subscribers.
The basis for success: Know your audience
Everyone knows that successful marketing is based on a user persona that is as detailed as possible.
Once it has been created, you should adhere to these basic rules so that your target group perceives push messages safely and, above all, with pleasure:
This is how your push messages will be a success
Carpe Diem - literally
Your push strategy must always be based on the days with the most clicks. Attentive companies can clearly record days on their domains that evidently bring more visits than usual during the week. So if a page is particularly popular on Saturdays, for example, make sure that the push message is also sent on this "deadline".
Pay attention to important occasions
Align the strategy for your push messages with an event and holiday calendar. At least adjust the really big dates that are relevant to your audience. In this way you avoid your notification bursting exactly on Christmas Eve, for example.
Conversely, you can take full advantage of the respective season. Targeted promotion, for example, as well as engaging content relating to upcoming festivities always reap a great response.
Send the right content
Right content at the right time - and the opening rate of the push message can instantly increase fourfold. It doesn't even take much. Even a personal address, an interesting key visual or a 'thank you' arouse enough curiosity.
P.S .: Inexpensive, fast, personable and thus real opening rate boosters are emojis. According to one study, they achieve an increase in CTOR of up to almost 300%.
The frequency is decisive
When does the user feel overwhelmed with spam? And when did you almost forget? You will find the answer and the famous golden mean if you take these factors as a basis:
What should the push messages do? Awareness? Retargeting e.g. from an aborted check-out?
Where is the intended target group located? Is it at the beginning, already in the middle, or do you even pick it up at the end of the funnel?
Which topic is it? News, for example, naturally requires a higher frequency than push messages from the travel sector. Sports or e-commerce in general do not want to be played too heavily either.
These frequencies have proven themselves:
Messages: 3-4x / day, depending on urgency
Travel information: 2-3x / day during the travel season or before long weekends.
Games: 1x / day or less. The target group, which is quite heterogeneous here, has to be carefully observed in order to find the best time of day.
Sport / fitness: 3-4x / week (exception: subscription to a daily changing fitness program)
Last but never least: timing
First something banal, but one that is often overlooked: always pay attention to the time zones in which your audience is located.
The time windows for successful push messages are basically decided on their basis.
Based on industry
More in the evening / change of day:
- News: 5.00 p.m., 10.00 p.m. -0.00 a.m.
- Fashion and lifestyle: 5 p.m., 9 p.m., midnight
- Entertainment: 8 pm-10pm
- Travel: 9 p.m.
- Health: midnight
Rather (morning) noon plus refresh in the evening:
- Financial market: 10 a.m. - 1 p.m., 7 p.m.
- Hospitality: 10:00 am, 2:00 pm, 8:00 pm-10:00pm
- Education: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., 8 p.m.
Based on persona (examples)
Rather (morning) noon plus refresh in the evening:
- Working people: 9 a.m., 12 p.m.-2 p.m., 9 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Young mothers: 11 a.m.-12 p.m., 7 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Middle-aged housewives: 12 noon-2 p.m., 9 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Students: 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Whatever we hold together like glue
- What color headphones should I get quiz
- Front wheel noise when turning left Ford
- Look at how the students argue
- Soko la fedha za kigeni leo howard
- Enjoy the status for WhatsApp in Urdu
- Howard Zaritsky Grantor Trust
- What Causes Bromhidrosis Osmidrosis Laser
- How to do interpolation on calculator converter
- Blanco oven locked, how to unlock
- How nitromethane engines work
- What does dyspeptic Alderman mean
- What are 2 basic weld seam constructions
- What is Flaval Ligament Buckling
- What is biacromial growth
- How to be a mug shot gentleman
- Copytrans backup whatsapp to icloud
- Gta 5 selfie was saved
- Lusine multigrain bread versus whole wheat
- How to Disconnect Gmail Contacts from iPhone
- How to make blue smurf paint
- Orica greenedge ac dc who made whom
- What does Pradosha Vratha mean
- How to properly redirect the ad