Gluteus maximus pain near the coccyx when walking
As soon as Homo sapiens straightened up and started walking, from that moment there was obviously pain in the muscles when walking. Statistics say that during a lifetime (average length of 65-70 years) a person makes about 500 million step-by-step movements and practically the distance from planet Earth to his constant companion - the moon, that is about 400 thousand kilometers - exceeds. With 200 different types of muscle tissue involved in the movement process, it is very natural that some of them are overworked and can get sick.
Simplified walking can be divided into two main movements - the movement of the foot and its support, while the main load falls on such muscles:
- The quadriceps femoris muscle is the quadriceps femoris muscle.
- Biceps femoris muscle - biceps femoris.
- Tibialis anterior muscle - anterior tibial muscle.
- The rectus abdominis muscle is the rectus abdominis muscle.
- Musculus peroneus longus - a thinned muscle (peroneus).
- The triceps muscle of the leg is basically made up of two muscles: gastrocnemius - gastrocnemius and soleus - soleus.
- The semitendinosus muscle is a semitendinous muscle.
- Musculus tensor fasciae latae is a broad fascia tensor (pelvic muscle).
- Gluteus maximus muscle is a large gluteus muscle.
- The gluteus medius muscle is the medial gluteal muscle.
- Erector spinae muscle is the muscle that straightens the spine (the strongest and longest back muscle).
In addition, muscle pain when walking can occur in the square muscle of the lower back, the muscles responsible for rotating the foot. Painful symptoms can be caused both by physiological objective factors and diseases of the blood vessels, musculoskeletal system, spine, and even internal organs.
, , , 
Causes of muscle pain when walking
Factors and causes of pain in the muscles - myalgia that occurs while walking, mainly due to the type and condition of the muscles involved. Also, the running symptom is influenced by the walking method, since a person can move in a simple way, that is, can walk, an athlete engaged in athletic walking or walking is part of his job (postmen, couriers, etc.).
First you need to determine which muscles are most involved in this or that type of walking, taking into account the joint connection:
The stage of leg transfer
Iliopsoas Muscle - Iliopsoas muscle and rectus thigh, which is in the quadriceps of the thigh, as well as the crest and sartorius muscles
The quadriceps (quadriceps) of the thigh
The anterior tibialis muscle, the long extensor of the toes and also the extensor of the big toe.
Leg support stage
Glutes, a group of muscles in the hip, as well as the muscles responsible for rotating the leg in the hip joint.
Femur muscles, popliteal muscles, calf and partially clod muscles, thin and sartorius muscles.
The triceps muscles of the lower leg (calf and soleus), the long flexors of the thumb and other toes of the foot, the short fibular muscles, and the long fibular, plantar and posterior tibial muscles.
Accordingly, the first causes of muscle pain when walking relate to joint diseases, diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- Osteoarthritis (gonarthrosis) of the knee, most often secondary, associated with abnormalities in the structure of the lower leg (valgus, varus deformity). When osteoarthritis develops in the area of the patella between the femur, a person experiences pain when walking upstairs, osteoarthritis in the area between the femur and the tibia manifests as pain on foot when the pain goes long distances alone at rest walking away.
- Osteomyelitis, which is manifested by severe, acute pain when walking.
- Chondromation of the patella, rather not a disease, but an irritation of the joint surface due to uncoordinated work or overloading of the leg muscles.
- Damage to the tendon inflammation when the pain is felt in the quadriceps.
- Osteoarthritis of the joints of the big toes.
- Cartilage rupture, meniscus damage when swelling and swelling affect the adjacent muscle tissue.
- Osteoporosis, when the bone tissue cannot be stressed, it is compensated by muscles and overexerted.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which provokes the development of myositis - inflammation of muscle tissue.
- Virtually all types of osteochondrosis.
In addition, the causes of the symptom of pain in the muscles when walking can be due to such diseases:
- Injury to nerve endings of the spinal cord with radiculopathy, especially in the lumbosacral spine.
- Inflammation of the sciatic nerve, sciatica, a disease that affects the pain symptom of the thigh, lower leg, and foot muscles.
- Lumbago, injury to the femoral nerve, provoking atony of the hip muscles, prolapse of the knee reflex.
- Atherosclerotic vascular pathologies.
- Venous congestion, varicose veins. Intermittent venous claudication due to obstruction (occlusion) of the pelvic veins, provoked pain when walking and cramps in the calf muscles.
- Vasogenic intermittent claudication (ischemia of muscle tissue).
- Fibromyalgia, more common in women.
- Myositis is inflammation of muscle tissue of various etiologies.
- Flat feet.
- Metabolic disorders, micronutrient deficiency.
- Violation of the water-salt balance.
Surprisingly, pain while walking can not only be felt by those who are constantly on the move, but these people have developed and trained muscles. The most common pain symptoms while moving are perceived by the following groups of people:
- Everyone who sits behind the wheel for a long time - driver.
- People who work are associated with increased lower back stress.
- People whose activities involve prolonged static posture, especially standing work.
- Gardening and gardening lovers.
- Heavy weight people, overweight.
, , , 
Symptoms of muscle pain when walking
Muscles when walking can become sick both permanently and periodically, and the nature of the pain is also different.
Symptoms of pain in the muscles when walking depend on such factors:
- The age of a person, the elderly experience more intense pain for understandable reasons - age-related deformity of the spine, musculoskeletal system gives additional stress to the muscles.
- Body weight.
- Duration of walking.
- Shoes that can cause a lot of discomfort and are an independent cause of pain.
- Type of walking - sports, tourism (obstacles), household.
- Preparation of the muscles, their condition (trained or atrophied muscles).
- Comorbidities and Conditions.
Sensations, signs, symptoms of pain in the muscles when walking can be as follows:
- Vascular diseases are most often expressed by aching, pulling pains, one person describes the condition - as "heavy" legs. Walking does not cause much discomfort, if the distance traveled is small, prolonged movement will cause a person to stop, rest their legs and muscles.
- Diseases of the spine in principle do not allow movement, walking with radiculitis or lumbago causes shooting, acute pain.
- Osteoarthritis of the knee provokes hypertension of the muscles of the thigh and calf muscles, with tendonitis, the muscles of the lower leg and thigh pain, especially when climbing.
- Atherosclerosis of the vessels can provoke a tingling sensation, burning sensation in the muscles, venous insufficiency is felt as a rushing pain in the muscles, provokes a cramp syndrome in the calves of the legs.
- The pathology of the coccyx can be accompanied by pain in the abdominal muscles, in the hips and muscles of the perineum, the pain intensifies when moving, when walking.
- The heel spur initially provokes pain in the heel itself, but also feels like a pain symptom in the thigh area due to chronic pressure on the tibial nerve, the pain also develops in the ankle.
- Polyneuropathy is felt as a drawing, aching pain in the muscles, burning, tingling sensation, especially when walking.
It should be noted that the pain is felt not only in the muscles of the legs, hips, and sometimes a person while sore neck muscles due to incorrect walking posture, curvature of the spine, your arm muscles can turn into myositis and fibromyalgia and even chest muscles Violated pathologies of the bronchopulmonary system and compensatory tension of the muscles of the sternum.
Typically, any signs of pain in the muscles at rest will subside as soon as a person has a chance to resume blood flow and nutrition in the muscle tissue.
Diagnosing muscle pain when walking
To determine the cause of the pain syndrome, increase the movement, it is necessary to conduct a series of surveys, and this person should immediately consult a doctor - therapist, who will redirect patients to phlebology, rheumatologist, surgeon, neurologist or agiohirurugu.
Diagnosing pain in the muscles when walking involves such activities:
- Collect an anamnesis and clarify the genesis of a pain symptom - when and under what circumstances intensified, what is the pain?
- An exception or confirmation of the factor of inflammation, the etiology of the pain.
- An exception or confirmation of the vertebral cause of pain.
- Finding a possible cause associated with compression-radicular syndrome, spine pathology.
- Palpation of the muscles.
- Perhaps the appointment of the common x-ray, spine.
- Perhaps the appointment of angiography of blood vessels.
Diagnosing muscle pain when walking a fairly complicated process because of the muscle pain symptoms are not always specific, most clearly distinguishing cramping pain in the calf muscles and muscle pain associated with osteochondrosis. Typically, the first stage of identifying the etiology of the symptom is the method of elimination. The remaining diagnostic steps depend on the results of the first stage carried out and examination already close specialists, who has experience, the certain specific direction in the diagnosis - circulatory disorders, organic or musculoskeletal, back.
, , , 
Treating muscle pain when walking
Treatment of pain in the muscles while walking, not associated with serious pathologies, is limited to compensatory rest, massage, and possibly physiotherapy procedures. More in-depth treatment may include the appointment of vitamin complexes with a reinforced composition of B vitamins that strengthen and restore the condition of muscle tissue. In such cases, prognostic treatment is favorable and recovery occurs after a week, rarely after 10-14 days.
All other cases where a pathological cause is established are subject to more serious therapy. The general treatment for pain in the muscles when walking is as follows:
- Restriction of pain-inducing movement, immobilization of joints and muscles.
- Treatment of the main recognized disease.
- Symptomatic treatment of the symptom of pain - the appointment of local anesthetic and ointments, depending on the type of pain (cooling or warming up).
- The purpose of anti-inflammatory drugs - tableted and external form. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (ibuprofen, diclofenac) are prescribed taking into account the condition of the digestive and hematopoiesis systems.
- The appointment of myelorelaxants - Midokalm, Baclofen, Sirdalud.
- Deadline for applications, envelopes is possible.
- Rehabilitation procedures - medical gymnastics, corrective complexes (post-isometric relaxation), acupuncture.
Prevention of pain in muscles when walking
First of all, it should be noted that in trained people, whose muscles are used to reasonable strain, the pain symptoms when walking are very rare. Therefore, preventing pain in the muscles when moving, while walking, is to maintain normal muscle tone, including the corset of muscles in the abdominal region, back, and not just the legs.
To avoid pain in muscles with active movement, consider the following recommendations:
- In order not to develop a vascular pathology, which often provokes pain in the legs, it is necessary to build a reasonable diet and limit fat, cholesterol in the menu.
- Prevention of pain in the muscles when walking - is the maintenance of normal weight in accordance with the recommended index - BMI.
- With constant static load, you should regularly knead the muscles, change the pose.
- If you have a joint or spinal disease, you need to reasonably calculate your strengths and resources for long-distance travel, but most importantly, you need to treat the cause, i.e. the disease.
- In order to maintain health in principle, including muscle health, you need to regularly perform a series of exercises, engage in any type of sport.
- If once the pain in the muscles when walking, do not write it down by chance, you need to pay attention to the symptom and try to identify and eliminate the cause, perhaps with the help of a doctor.
With persistent pain in the muscles, it is necessary to undergo a full examination and follow all medical recommendations in order to avoid serious complications, since some diseases can completely immobilize a person.
- What is the function of cmos ram
- Howard Huang area real estate partner Apollo
- Gas amine glass is hot when switched off
- Who's in jail now?
- Scientific atlanta router epc2203 how to
- What is CCTV Camera Masking Tapes
- Huell howser elephant meeting
- What do baby eagles eat
- Galleria Tuchowska Centrum Handlowe Malta
- What causes an electrical feeling in the body
- What does Duberry Firkin
- Rura Wydechowa Golf 3 Tuning
- Who did Naomi Mayers marry me Jason
- Doctor of Festival jobs in the UK
- How many levels of cache memory
- Palatoglossal arch pain when swallowing
- Brow lift recovery when can I travel
- How to run a textile business in Vietnam
- Vii xxi mmvii is which year
- Panel tactile Blackberry 9300 no WhatsApp function
- Whatsdog apk for iphone
- Nco creed usmc what does that mean
- How to delete a fantastic bar
- What does scourge of the earth mean?