Whole foods skin care for men
Skin Care For Men: The Perfect Skincare Routine
October 30, 2020
Dry air in the office, cold or pollutants can also affect healthy men's skin. So that your skin stays young longer, it is best to start your care routine today. We show how skin care is right for men.
For a long time, skin care was a woman's business: in addition to the thousands of products for women on the market, there were at most aftershave and - if at all - two to three tubes of facial care for men on the shelves. Those days are over! Because, of course, many men also want beautiful and healthy skin and are increasingly concerned with the subject of skin care. No wonder, after all, these are not safe from aging either - quite apart from the fact that healthy men's skin simply feels great and gives a well-groomed overall impression. This is not only an advantage in private but also in professional life, because according to studies, attractiveness can even help in one's career. However, because the abundance of products can kill first-time users, we would like to give you our skin care tips for men along the way.
Do men and women have different skin types?
“Do you really need skin care tips for men only?” You may ask yourself now. The answer is a resounding yes. On the one hand, products that were developed for women are of course not ineffective on men. Nevertheless, especially the ideal facial care for men is somewhat different than that for women. This is because the skin produces more sebum due to the higher testosterone levels and is therefore more oily.
Dry facial skin is often not a problem for many men - instead, men suffer from inflammation more often. The skin, which tends to be oily, also ensures that the pH value on the face is lower. Another important difference is that men have, on average, 16% thicker skin than women. With problem skin in particular, it can make sense to use special men's products that are tailored to their specifics.
The perfect program for your skin.
Download our checklist for your daily skin care and make your complexion glow in no time.
Skin Care for Men: Instructions for Everyday Life
Oily skin, inflammation after shaving, redness, pimples ... Many men suffer from one or the other skin irritation. Few are blessed with skin that is completely free of imperfections, but there are a few things you can do to improve the complexion of your skin. Although there are important products in skin care for men that will help you achieve a healthier complexion, you should also keep these tips in mind:
1. Change bed linen:
Have you ever thought about how dirty your pillow is? Facial care for men not only includes washing your face every day, but also the pillowcase at least once a week at at least 60 degrees. Dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum accumulate on it - not only disgusting, but also bad for the skin.
2. Disinfect your mobile phone:
Your cell phone screen, which you run your fingers over countless times every day, gets just as dirty as your pillow. What is stuck on it? Mainly bacteria and dirt. You then put the mobile phone to your face to make a call, or your fingers wander directly from the screen into your face. Therefore, disinfect your cell phone regularly, try not to touch your face and avoid the phone when it is the only source of light: Because when you look at the small screen in the dark, you often frown or screw up your eyes, what promotes wrinkling.
3. Finger away from your face:
In order to improve the skin, it is best to keep your hands off your face. At least when it comes to expressing pimples and blackheads. Because these tend to ignite and if you press too hard, unsightly scars can also arise. Instead, you should rather rely on the right products and the right care: more on this below!
4. Nutrition: care from within
Ideally, facial care for men does not only come from the outside, but also from the inside. Your diet has a huge impact on your skin and unfortunately everything that is fun will damage it: alcohol, caffeine, overly fatty and salty dishes, and of course sugar. Instead, you should focus on vegetables - carrots, for example, provide your skin with beta-carotene (which your body converts into vitamin A), citrus fruits and cabbage with vitamin C, which stimulates collagen production, and tomatoes with lycopene, which protects against UV damage and prevents skin aging. Omega-3 fatty acids (found in fish and walnuts) and antioxidants (found in berries and many types of fruit) are also important. Zinc and vitamin E are also known to be important helpers for healthy men's skin.
Skin care for men - important products
Now that you know what to keep away from your skin, let's talk about what to apply and massage in. You should differentiate between morning and evening care. Because at the beginning and at the end of the day, the skin needs different treatments.
In the morning:
- Wash your face first thing in the morning. After getting up, lukewarm water is usually enough. For oily skin, facial cleansing for men can also include a mild cleansing gel in the morning. You will notice this when your skin becomes oily again just a few times after washing.
- Then apply a toner (a type of facial tonic) that will rebalance the pH of your skin and soothe it.
- Then you should use a moisturizer that is tailored to your skin type. Facial care for men with combination skin or oily skin should not be too greasy, a water-based cream is recommended here.
- In any case, you have to apply sunscreen to your face in the morning and apply it again and again during the day to protect your skin from UV radiation.
In the evening:
- In the evening, you should thoroughly cleanse your face of the pollutants that have accumulated during the day. A special, nourishing face soap or a clarifying cleansing gel for oily skin are the right choice for facial cleansing for men.
- Apply a serum that supplies your skin with essential nutrients - such as vitamin C.
- Then you should use a special night cream. This is usually richer than the care you apply during the day.
What else you should know:
- For soft lips, regularly use a lip balm with high-quality ingredients - for example shea butter or beeswax.
- Exfoliate your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin. A sugar peeling is suitable for this, for example.
- Apply an eye cream in the morning or in the evening to prevent wrinkles.
- Don't neglect other parts of your body and apply body lotion to yourself every time you shower.
- The real age can usually be seen on the neck: the body lotion should not be missing there either.
- Good skin care for men should also include hands - a rich hand cream is best used several times a day.
The facial skin of men differs fundamentally from that of women in one point: it can be irritated by shaving. To prevent this, you should above all make sure that you only shave in the direction of growth so as not to put additional strain on the skin, even if that doesn't seem intuitive. Make sure you have a sharp blade, and if you regularly suffer from razor burn, try switching to a dry shave. In any case, use shaving foam or shaving oil to protect your skin while shaving and then apply a care product. (This also applies to women, of course.) Aftershave is not always the best choice because it contains alcohol and can irritate sensitive skin. If this is the case for you, prefer to use nourishing creams or face oils.
Skin care for men in winter:
In the cold season, your skin is particularly prone to dryness. This is because you are exposed to a lot of dry heated air in the office and at home too. The cold also affects your skin. When it comes to skin care for men in winter, an even greater focus should be placed on moisturizing creams and fluids.
Danger: When temperatures approach freezing point, you should use products that contain little water to avoid micro-freezing!
Skin care for men in summer:
If it is warm outside, you will probably also be drawn outside and thus towards the greatest enemy of healthy men's skin: the sun. In skin care for men in summer, creams with a high sun protection factor should be used consistently - or you prefer to stay in the shade right away. Even if you should regularly stock up on vitamin D, the UV rays damage your skin permanently.
Skin care for men over 50
When it comes to skin care for men, nothing is more important than prevention, because it is much more difficult to fight wrinkles that are already there than to prevent them. Unfortunately, once a wrinkle has dug its way into the face, there is no miracle cream. However, this does not mean that skin care for men over 50 is no longer useful. On the contrary, “mature” skin, as it is so beautifully called, needs good care. Most of the time, it is enough if you follow our skin care tips for men. Nevertheless, if you want to improve your skin as a man, you can take additional precautions from this age and pay more attention to areas that are particularly prone to wrinkles. Therefore, you should definitely use eye cream that is specially tailored to the sensitive skin around the eyes and contains, for example, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera or urea as well as vitamins E, C and B3. A moisturizing cream that is specially tailored to the needs of mature skin is also recommended for the face. This is mostly marketed as an anti-aging cream and provides your skin with additional moisture.
Is your skin itchy, red and worried about strange symptoms? That could be behind it:
Marie-Theres is an online editor for health and insurance topics at ottonova. She designs the editorial plan, researches and primarily writes about (e-) health and innovation that make life better.
- What do 70 pieces of clothing look like
- Downstairs for whatever Kelly Rowland instrumental
- What are Maxwell Parrish prints worth
- Who is wbls deja vu husband
- Teddy bears wholesale in Sri Lanka
- How to get valdimar in skyrim
- Sheila Howard Arbonne bankrupt
- Where did the Ebola virus infect people?
- Like the apostle james diedericks
- How To Fill Lighter Watch For Sale
- How to help environmental problems
- What do TV news producers do
- Hetzner debian mirror howto
- How to Get Sethmumu Hacks
- Head turns when you lie down drunk
- Eidgah Ground Nazimabad Chowrangi
- How to get food in Minecraft Skyblock
- Peter Wachowich and company
- Who Owns the 7446 Highway 72 Lumberton NC
- Ibadan girls WhatsApp numbers
- Where is the magnetic north pole of the earth
- Where can I go snowboarding in November
- How to use moonstone pixel monkey
- What does Niga Mwonde