What is a 99 position
German for Beginners: Occupations
Discussing your profession in German requires a new list of vocabulary. Whether your job is as an architect, a doctor, a taxi driver, or if you're still a student, there are many occupational words to learn in German.
You can begin with the simple question, "What are You by profession?"This means," What’s your occupation? "There's so much more to learn and this lesson will give you plenty of new study words and phrases pertaining to your career.
A Cultural Note on Asking About Other's Work
It's very common for English speakers to ask a new acquaintance about their profession. It's small talk and a nice way to introduce yourself. However, Germans are less likely to do this.
While some Germans may not mind, others may consider it an invasion of their personal sphere. This is something you'll just have to play by ear as you meet new people, but it's always good to keep in mind.
A Note About German Grammar
When you say "I'm a student" or "he's an architect" in German, you normally leave out the "a" or "an". You will say instead "I am a student)"or"he is an architect"(no"a"or"a").
Only if an adjective is added do you use the "a/a."For instance,"he is agoods college student"(he is a good student) and"she is anewArchitect"(she is a new architect).
Common Professions (jobs)
In the following chart, you will find a list of common occupations. It's important to note that all professions in German have both a feminine and a masculine form.
We have listed the feminine form only in cases when it is not simply the standard-in ending (as inthe doctor otherthe doctor) or when there is also a difference in English (as in waiter and waitress). You will find the feminine for jobs that are more likely to be feminine (such as a nurse or secretary) and in cases when the German feminine form is very common (as in student).
* Note that German makes a distinction between a school student / pupil and a college-level student.
Questions and Answers (questions and answers)
Having a conversation about work often involves a number of questions and answers. Studying these common job-related inquiries is a good way to ensure you understand what's being asked and know how to respond.
Where Do You Work?
The question, "Where do they work?"means "Where do you work? "Your reply may be one of the following.
Applying for a position
"Applying for a position" in German is the phrase "apply for a job. "You will find the following words helpful in that particular process.
- How to change the block size on Unix
- Who is the most beautiful Greek god
- Lusine multigrain bread versus whole wheat
- How do I unsubscribe from the Gameranger invitation
- Like your liver worksheets
- How to Outsmart a Teacher wikihow main
- Gargling in the stomach on inhalation
- Enforce aes 3des encryption how it works
- Dwight Howard 2012 Salary to Hourly Converter
- How to get rid of a sloshing stomach
- San Marzano tomato wholesale UK
- How many isomers of chlorobutane
- Celebrities who play Dota 2
- Uric acid removal during dialysis which substances
- How to use flashtool to unlock the bootloader
- Where can I get a medical certificate in the Philippines
- Surflon Ultra Wire, how to crimp
- R.city which dreams consist of zippers
- Howie Mandel after surgery
- Wonder How to Hack Facebook Password
- What does the rise of a high school graduate mean
- How to make a wishbone wheel
- Microsoft Office, how old is Vanna
- VM hosted apps license error during installation
- Mbuzi kala mkeka how to
- Guess who's dead may sus track listings
- Where do praying mantises live in Canada
- How to destroy printer ribbon
- What is a first declension noun
- Their sorting code is 07-00-40
- How to calculate the valve lift calculator
- Which state is mercury at 0 degrees
- Wholesale sarongs from Indonesia to Singapore