Pldt home ultera how to change a password
Change router password: It's very easy
If you want to change your router password, you have to differentiate between the WLAN password and the access password for the router configuration. We have summarized for you how you do both.
Straight to the topic:
Change WiFi password
Change router password
Forgot router password
You should change the router password to make it more difficult to access the router settings. And the WiFi password should be changed regularly if you have given it to too many friends. With both you have to observe basic safety rules.
If you have forgotten your WiFi password, we will show you in these instructions how you can possibly read it out:
How to change your password: Change the WLAN key in the router
As a rule, the manufacturer's WLAN passwords are extremely difficult to remember. If you change your WiFi key want to be able to share it more easily, for example, then that is possible at any time. You have to do this log into the configuration interface of your router - on the occasion you can also change your router password.
As a rule, the different departments of the router are subdivided into the interface Internet, telephony and network areas. Additionally there is basic settings related to the router hardware.
This is how you change the router's WiFi password:
- Opens a browser and calls up the address of the router. These can be IP addresses such as 192.168.2.1, or short addresses such as "Speedport.ip".
- Log into your router with the router password. If you've forgotten, look at the back or bottom. The factory password can often be found there.
- Find the area network or Home network. For some routers you can already find the menu item in the overview WIRELESS INTERNET ACCESS.
- Look there for a point like Basic WLAN settings and open it.
- There are sure to be links with names like Encryption, Access or password. See if you like an entry at this point WiFi password or WLAN key finds.
- Change the WiFi password there and save the configuration.
Now the first thing you have to do is enter the new password on all devices that use the WLAN. It is best to also check which ones Encryption method was set there. If possible, put there WPA2 a. This encryption is supported by all modern devices and is the most secure.
Change the router password
The router password - often also called the device password - is intended to prevent anyone from accessing the router's settings interface via their IP and changing the configuration. Especially with publicly visible routers you should do this first Change the router password because in many cases it can be read on the back. Otherwise anyone can change the configuration of the router, infiltrate themselves and lock out everyone else.
This is how you proceed to change your router password:
- Call the router in the browser by entering an IP or short address.
- Looks for a menu item like Settings.
- There then look for a link like Change device password or Change router password and open it.
- Here you first have to enter the old password and then enter a new password. Saves the configuration.
Usually you will be logged out of the interface afterwards and have to log in with the new password if you want to make further settings.
Forgot router password and no longer have access to setup?If you change your router password, you must of course not forget it, otherwise you will not have access to the settings of the device. If you can no longer enter the setup and the password is incorrect, you still have the option of a reset. However, this is only recommended if the manufacturer has printed access data on the router. Because a reset to the factory settings ensures that these access data are correct again. Please note, however, that you will have to re-enter all of the provider's access data and all settings.
Open source vs. commercial software - what do you use?
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- How to hijack USB drives
- How many days between using Afrin
- What to feed monolith ni no kuni
- How long does the IPL laser treatment last
- Autoxleeve instructions for playing
- How to make taffyta mutton fudge hat
- What is the maximum length of cat6
- How did Tiffany Hwang's mother die
- Dog breakfast trading company Bicheno Blowhole
- Who is Louis Binstock
- L2's dashboard everywhere Chrysler
- Doctor who married Vastra Rule 34
- Doberman Chow Mix dogs
- How long does the IPL laser treatment last
- Break bad, which means br ba
- Activation key for WhatsApp mass sender
- Pt trisco bespoke clothing manufacture wholesale
- What is a Gebser letter
- When will Navle Scores be published?
- How to make bird seed cleaner
- How to create a genbu persona 3
- What does Dob mean in medical terms
- Howzat Sports Bar address labels
- How to clean lrz400ep heat exchange