How to make skateboard wheelboxes
Make skateboard wax yourself: this is how it works
© Denis Klero / Red Bull Content Pool
We have the ultimate step-by-step guide on how you can easily make your own skate wax.
Skate wax is a wax product that is specially made to prepare different surfaces for your tricks, slides and grinds on your skateboard. The disadvantage: Skate wax can be quite expensive - but with a few simple steps you can make your own personal skate wax yourself.
What is skate wax anyway?
Skate wax is usually made on the basis of paraffin and primarily helps to reduce the friction that arises when you slide or grind with the skateboard on various surfaces such as curbs and ledges. The greater the friction, the more speed you lose, which in turn makes it much more difficult to perform the tricks. And this is exactly where skate wax comes into play. The wax fills in tiny cracks and rough spots in the surface and makes them smooth. Tricks like a 50-50 shouldn't be a problem with enough skate wax.
It doesn't matter whether you just got your first board or have been in the skateboard game for years - skate wax is and will remain an important tool that protects you and your board. Nevertheless, caution is advised: There are smoother surfaces that are naturally more slippery. It is therefore important to test the areas briefly before applying too much skate wax and it becomes a dangerous slide.
How to make your own skate wax with leftover candles and crayons
Buying skate wax in the shop can be expensive, but there are a few different methods you can use to get your skate wax. Here are the instructions for the method with candle and colored pencil residues:
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees
Let the oven preheat for 5-10 minutes. Most types of wax have a low melting point, so try not to let the oven get hotter than 150 to 180 degrees.
Collect all the remains of candles and crayons that you can find and break them into several pieces. Also remove any paper stickers and wicks. Then you will need some vegetable or olive oil.
3. Put the wax pieces in a heat-resistant container
The jar should be large enough to hold the melted wax. Glass bowls, like those from the Pyrex brand, are heat resistant and great for melting wax.
Now you add a teaspoon of vegetable or olive oil to the wax. This makes it smoother and easier to apply. Don't add more than a teaspoon, however, or the wax will become too soft and brittle.
5. Place in the oven
This mixture is now in the oven for 10 minutes. Watch this process to make sure the wax doesn't burn. Once it's completely melted, take it out of the oven and place the jar in the refrigerator to harden. As soon as the wax is set, it can be taken out of the refrigerator and is ready to go!
How to make skate wax from paraffin and beeswax
This is how it works with paraffin and beeswax:
For this method, you'll need beeswax and paraffin, as well as a metal jar and a mold into which the wax will eventually be poured. If you are using large pieces, you should break them into small pieces beforehand to speed up the melting process.
2. Pour the wax into the jar and let it melt
Now you put paraffin and beeswax in the ratio of 60 to 40 in the jar - too much beeswax can make the result too soft. Then you place your vessel on the stove and let the wax melt slowly over medium heat. Again, you should make sure that the wax does not burn.
3. Pour the wax into the mold
Once the wax has melted completely, you can take the pan off the stove and slowly pour the wax into the mold. Then it hardens in the refrigerator. Once it's tough, it's done.
As you've seen, it's pretty easy to make your own skate wax using scraps of wax and crayon. Nevertheless, we recommend the combination with paraffin and beeswax, as it tends to be used to produce a higher quality skate wax that comes closer to the professional brands. In terms of application, we advise you to only use your skate wax when you want to practice grinds and slides, and only to apply it to the surface that you will be skating. You can make as much skate wax as you want for a fraction of the money with this simple DIY guide. What are you waiting for?
- Vidi vici korean cosmetics wholesale
- How to open the HP 630 laptop touchpad
- How to do a basting stitch
- Zukkoke Knight Latino Descargar WhatsApp
- What does Nwa mean in the slang dictionary
- Pick n Mix wholesale UK dog
- Sab kuch milega wikihow
- Philip Kurian Howard University
- What is a CPA Management Letter
- What causes chin genetics to decline
- What is Flaval Ligament Buckling
- 12 athletes who snapped celebrities with no eyebrows
- Meat wholesale near me Used cars
- What does prohibition mean in the Bible
- Inspect additional modules everywhere
- How to make 2 ppm solution concentration
- Kerala girls WhatsApp cell phone numbers
- WhatsApp photos intimas de famosas
- How do you shave your pubic hair
- Whitlock building Eku where is it
- Hilda and Zelda actresses who smoke
- How old is Masato David Hayakawa Honolulu
- What does Tu Maldita Madre mean
- Jungle Jack Hanna, what zookeepers do