What a cash pot game today
"Nerve": Hasn't the film's social media game long ago become a sad reality?
What kind of a fucked up game is that ?!
The rules of "Nerve" are very simple: When you start the app, you can Log in either as a player or as a watcher. The players accept tests of courage and challenges from the audience and collect money for them. The more watchers are watching a particular player, the riskier the tasks become - but the more money there is to be earned.
The rules: All tests of courage must be recorded with the mobile phone. All money is lost if the player fails, folds, or tells the police about the illegal game. So to sum it up in a nutshell: Anonymous people use an app to determine the lives of other people who reveal their entire identity and, in the best case, collect money for it. That sounds like an interesting sociological thought experiment in the first one. And yes, it's always interesting. But just in thought it hasn't happened for a long time.
"Nerve" has long been on Instagram
The summer of 2017 was shaped by the trend app "Pokémon Go": People were walking around staring at their cell phones like zombies The app, with its battle arenas and Pokémon hunting areas, helped determine the path of the users to a large extent - companies such as cafés should even be able to buy an arena in order to win more customers. Because if you have to hang out in that place all the time to fight your fights, then you buy yourself a coffee.
But well, that's just a very indirect type of user control. Some of today's go much further Influencers on Instagram, who leave it to their followers to determine their exact daily routine: In Insta stories, questions are then asked about what or how to do something next - and the followers can choose between different answer options and thus determine the course of the day. Almost exactly like in “Nerve”, even if you don't usually have to go through such extreme tests of courage as in the film.
But of course that doesn't mean that there aren't a few influencers / spinners who do the biggest (and, if necessary, most dangerous) shit for a few more followers - only you can usually find them not on Instagram, but on YouTube . There are countless test of courage videos there, ranging from small pranks to sexual harassment and other crimes to potentially life-threatening challenges. We only remember the Tide Pod Challenge where YouTubers filmed themselves putting detergent tabs in their mouths - a short but violent hype that actually claimed deaths.
To make it short: The internet and the quick chance of fame seem to be knocking out the last bit of common sense out of some people. And whenever a film like “Nerve” tries to exaggerate current online trends and exaggerate them into the absurd, then you can be almost certain that the madness of the screen will often revert to the madness of the internet only a few weeks or months later is overtaken.
The film is still worth seeing, even if compared to the real abysses of the world of online videos it now seems a little harmless:
The FILMSTARTS review of "Nerve"
- Who owns the Makini Herb Clinic
- What is tricing trailer in the lifeboat
- Ntfsresize how to stroke it
- Megalodon facts, what to eat in Peru
- Social anxiety disorder wikihow how to kiss
- How to get natural euphoria
- Ziter Clinic Howard Ave.
- Howard and Carolyn Tellepsen industrial jobs
- F2 and o2 are examples of what
- Slush Invaders how to unlock all characters
- Criteria that 2010 Spermograma Galati
- How to Counter Movements in the Wrestling Revolution
- What does Krypton-84
- Pyrrhotite in concrete that pays
- Hajar s Halal meat wholesale
- Taylor Swift was born at what time
- Bifidus Regularis during pregnancy
- Librados client.admin Authentication failure while establishing a connection
- Japanese grilled whole squid
- Where did the boy fall out who did the thesaurus
- Straw like hair what causes it
- Dropdown menu when you move the mouse over the image
- What does Sesquipedalian Orator mean
- How to add a header image in latex
- Who is Raqi Thunda Baby Daddy
- Kiss when lightning strikes the bass tab
- Picadura de Avispa Fidel Nadal Descargar WhatsApp
- Decide where to start dividing the exercise 10-6
- What reserves meanings in the army
- Huang Zhen Long Desmond Howard
- Scan type mbaff wikihow
- How to make picric acid from aspirin
- What does Jolokia