Cantor singers who have died
Bartemius Crouch Junior
Bartemius Crouch Junior
- "If there's something I hate more than any other, it's a Death Eater who walked free. They turned their backs on my master when he needed them most. I expected him to punish them. I expected him to torture them. Tell me he hurt them, Harry .... Tell me he told them that I, I alone remained faithful ... Prepared to risk everything to deliver to him the one thing he wanted above all ... You."
- - Bartemius Crouch Jnr's loyalty to Lord Voldemort[src]
Bartemius "Barty" Crouch Junior (c. 1962-1995) was a wizard and the son of Bartemius Crouch Senior. He became an ardent follower of Lord Voldemort in order to become a Death Eater and Dark Wizard in his teenage years. He was the first escapee of Azkaban prison in its almost 300 year history, though only his father, late mother and the family house-elf knew until 1994, when it was revealed to Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter, Minerva McGonagall and Severus Snape whilst Crouch was under the influence of Veritaserum.
In 1981, shortly after Voldemort's first defeat, Crouch allegedly participated in the capture and torture of Frank and Alice Longbottom along with the Lestranges, using the Cruciatus Curse to drive the two Aurors to insanity. Crouch and his comrades were sentenced to life imprisonment in Azkaban for their crimes by his own father.
Crouch and his parents hatched a plot under which Crouch's mother would take his place in Azkaban, using the Polyjuice Potion to disguise herself. She died and was buried in Azkaban, with the result that the wizarding world believed that Crouch himself was dead. Crouch spent the following years living under his father's Imperius Curse. He eventually broke free with the help of Voldemort, who had learned that Crouch was still alive, making him enter the Dark Lord's service again.
He then disguised himself as Alastor Moody, former Auror and the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor at Hogwarts during the 1994-1995 school year. In this role, Crouch fixed the Triwizard Tournament so that Harry Potter was chosen as a champion, and turned the Triwizard Cup into a Portkey that transported Harry and Cedric Diggory to Voldemort. Shortly afterwards, his identity was exposed, and Crouch was given the Dementor's Kiss by a Dementor that Cornelius Fudge had brought along with him.
Early life (1962–1973)
- "Should have spent a bit more time at home with his family, shouldn't he? Ought to have left the office early once in a while ... got to know his son"
- - Sirius Black on Barty Crouch Senior's relationship with his son[src]
Barty was born in around 1962 or 1963 into the influential pure-blood Crouch family, which had strong connections to the Ministry of Magic. Bartemius Crouch Senior's intent on catching Dark Wizards and becoming Minister for Magic likely played a role in him not paying enough attention to his son. It is very possible that this had an influence on the younger Barty's life choices. His mother, Mrs. Crouch, what a "wispy looking witch"who dearly loved him.
Hogwarts years (1973-1980)
Barty attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Young Barty had achieved twelve O.W.L.s, though Crouch was delirious when claiming it.
Allegiance with Death Eaters
Attack on Frank and Alice Longbottom
- "Father, I didn't! I didn't, I swear it, Father, don't send me back to the Dementors ... No! Mother, no! I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't do it, I didn't know! Don't send me there, don't let him! I'm your son! I'm your son!"
- - Barty pleading with his father at his trial[src]
Barty took the Dark Mark in his late teens, and after Lord Voldemort's first defeat in 1981, he worked with Death Eaters searching for their fallen master. He was captured with Bellatrix, Rodolphus, and Rabastan Lestrange after they tortured the Aurors Alice and Frank Longbottom with the Cruciatus Curse, driving the couple into insanity. Barty and the other Death Eaters were brought to trial before the Council of Magical Law, over which his father presided.
Barty was insistent on his innocence, claiming he had not taken part in the crimes, and begged his father before the entire assembled Council and witnesses such as Rita Skeeter and his mother to clear him of the charges. Barty's father headed the Department of Magical Law Enforcement at the time and was under extreme pressure to appear to be punishing the terrorism perpetrated by Lord Voldemort's Death Eaters. The torture of the Longbottoms was considered one of the most evil crimes recorded and used the trial as nothing more as to condemn his son.
Imprisonment in Azkaban and escape
- "We have heard the evidence against you. The four of you stand accused of capturing an Auror - Frank Longbottom - and subjecting him to the Cruciatus Curse, believing him to have knowledge of the present whereabouts of your exiled master, He Who-Must-Not-Be-Named -"
- - Barty and three other Death Eaters being accused before the court[src]
Barty's father chose to make a public example of his son, and sentenced him to a term of life imprisonment in Azkaban at the age of eighteen or nineteen. According to Sirius Black, the trial was no more than an excuse to show how much the father hated the child, as the elder Crouch went as far as to drown out his son's voice by shouting the announcement of sentencing, and Barty was screaming inside his cell for his mother for the first few days, but then quieted down from the extreme depressive influence of the Dementors, as did many other prisoners. Barty already looked in poor health when he was brought in, as Sirius described.
In 1982, his mother's health had deteriorated drastically from the stress of her son's imprisonment, as did Barty's own from the severe depression inflicted by the prison. The couple were allowed to visit due to Bartemius Snr's high status in the Ministry and as Mrs Crouch's dying wish. She persuaded her husband to help smuggle their son out of Azkaban by swapping him for his mother. Using Polyjuice Potion, and undetected by the blind Dementors, Mrs Crouch took the place of her son. She died a short time later, and was buried outside the fortress under the guise of her son.
Imprisonment with his father
- "I was under my father’s control. I was forced to wear an Invisibility Cloak day and night. I was always with the house-elf. She was my keeper and caretaker. She pitied me. She persuaded my father to give me occasional treats. Rewards for my good behavior."
- - Barty on his years under his father's control[src]
Bartemius Jnr was brought back to the family household, where he was nursed back to health by their house-elfWinky. Revitalized, Barty's only goal is to search for his master, which he made no efforts to hide from his father. Bartemius Snr, overcame with grief and guilt, sought long and hard to subjugate his wayward son, to protect his son's secret existence from public and to prevent him from searching for Voldemort. In the end, the elder Crouch was forced to use the Imperius Curse on his son when he found no other methods capable of the feat of controlling him, and forced him to hide under an Invisibility cloak at all times. Winky was assigned to become Barty's caretaker and keeper, where she would constantly tried to persuade his father to reward him for good behavior (even if it was only a byproduct of the Imperius Curse).
Bertha Jorkins, a Ministry of Magic employee, accidentally discovered the truth when she came unannounced to the Crouch home with some papers for Mr Crouch to sign, in which she heard Winky talking with someone invisible, enough to deduce who was hidden. Bartemius Snr rectified this with a Memory Charm so powerful that she suffered permanent brain damage. Shortly thereafter, Peter Pettigrew ran into Bertha while searching for Voldemort. In the hopes that she would prove useful to him, Peter tricked her into going with him. She ended up proving very useful to Voldemort; not only did he extract the whereabouts of his loyal servant, but also gathered information on the Triwizard Tournament, which was to be held at Hogwarts. Voldemort murdered Bertha, and the Ministry deemed her "missing" for months.
Rejoining the Dark Lord
Quidditch World Cup
- "Wormtail, I need somebody with brains, somebody whose loyalty has never been wavered, and you, unfortunately, fulfill neither requirement."
- - Lord Voldemort discussing his plans with Peter Pettigrew[src]
Barty was sent to the 1994 Quidditch World Cup under cover of the Invisibility Cloak along with their elf, Winky. Winky knew that Barty had always loved Quidditch and persuaded his father to allow him to go out and have some fresh air. Barty's mother, after all, wanted him to have freedom. Barty's seat, by chance, was in the top box directly behind the seats of Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. During the Quidditch match, Barty broke free of the Imperius Curse his father had placed on him. Denied of free will and magic for so long, he stole Harry's wand, which was in view poking out of the boy's back pocket. Winky did not see this, as she was so afraid of heights in the sky box that she covered her eyes for the entire Quidditch match.
After the World Cup was through, Barty launched the Dark Mark into the sky over the campgrounds in reaction to the free Death Eaters making sport of Muggles. His anger stemmed from their lack of initiative in finding their master, which he yearned to do and yet was unable. Ministry officials fired multiple Stunning Spells through the woods, crisscrossing the area where Barty and Winky had been, rendering them both unconscious and breaking the spell Winky had used to bind Barty to her in the chaos. Winky was dismissed for being found with Harry's wand, which was proven to have produced the Dark Mark, as well as her guardianship being proven unreliable due to Barty Jnr acquiring a wand and nearly escaping. Bartemius Snr found his son's unconscious body behind the bushes, and recasted the Imperius Curse on him after the other officials left, and the two returned home.
Left alone in the house with only father and son, one night shortly after the Dark Mark incident, Peter Pettigrew and Lord Voldemort suddenly appeared at the home. Voldemort needed a loyal follower to help him regain power, and easily managed to free Barty from his father's imprisonment. They put Bartemius Snr under the Imperius Curse and forced him to keep working at the Ministry as he usually would.
Disguised as Alastor Moody
- "So - straight into it. Curses. They come in many strengths and forms. Now, according to the Ministry of Magic, I'm supposed to teach you counter-curses and leave it at that. I'm not supposed to show you what illegal Dark courses look like until you're in the sixth year. You're not supposed to be old enough to deal with it till then. But Professor Dumbledore’s got a higher opinion of your nerves, he reckons you can cope, and I say, the sooner you know what you’re up against, the better. How are you supposed to defend yourself against something you've never seen? A wizard who’s about to put an illegal curse on you isn’t going to tell you what he’s about to do. He’s not going to do it nice and polite to your face. You need to be prepared. You need to be alert and watchful. You need to put that away, Miss Brown, when I'm talking."
- - Barty teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts
- How old is Willie Nelson's daughter Amy
- Mangalore Ganesh Beedies wholesale clothing
- How to burn a CD over 80 minutes
- How to use depilatory hot wax
- What causes a strong discharge of blood
- Wholesale vision cages for sale
- Where can I find bright figs Xenoblade 3ds
- Howley Park Landfills
- Cars 2 Nintendo DS Multiplayer How To
- How to deactivate the checking of the Onstar navigation
- Pldt home ultera how to change a password
- Neuromarketing, where brain research and marketing meet
- 1.75 ml is the number of ounces
- When I see you again dramawiki producers
- Like whoa logical instrumentals
- Kaliopa Vis Croatia, where you can get pizza
- How to lead sheet metal
- What does white poop mean for kittens
- Howard Heck Debbie Taylor-Kerman
- How to damage a rar file
- What is 1st row LCD monitors
- How much does a guardrail weigh by weight
- How do I get a visa sticker
- How to make a railway line out of cardboard