Who makes augsburg beer brewer
Education: How do I become ...? Brewer
Whether Kölsch, Pils or Hefeweizen: beer is practically a staple food in Germany. According to the Federal Statistical Office, the brewing industry sold around 980 million liters in Germany in 2011. Specialists are needed to ensure that the barley juice does not dry up: You become a beer brewer through a high level of training. In addition to the desire for enjoyment, technical understanding and economic thinking are also required.
Anyone who wants to do an apprenticeship as a beer brewer has to be able to do physical work, says Achim Nieroda from the German Brewers' Association in Berlin. "During training, in particular, you have to clean tanks or haul barrels," he explains. For the brewing industry today, however, one needs above all technical understanding and analytical thinking. The classic craft has given way to a modern production chain. "From receiving the raw materials to boiling the mash to filtering, filling and storing the beer, the brewer is responsible for checking all areas," says Achim Nieroda.
"You have to master complex machines and measuring devices," explains Michael Assenmacher from the German Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DIHK) in Berlin. The brewer controls the temperature of the mash at the brewing kettles, checks the alcohol content of the beer and controls machines for filling and storing the beverage.
Those who can get enough of the barley juice will first learn about the raw materials for beer production and their properties in the three-year training course to become a brewer and maltster. The chemistry of the various fermentation processes is also on the curriculum in the vocational school. Business management knowledge is also imparted so that the 600 or so budding brewers don't end up on dry land with their drinkable business.
In practical phases, the trainees learn how to regulate systems such as the brew kettle or the malt pan. At the end of the training there is a practical and a theoretical exam. According to Nieroda in Germany, a fully trained brewer earns between 2000 and 2500 euros a month. According to the Federal Employment Agency, apprentices receive between 660 and 700 euros during their training in the first year. That increases to 880 to 920 euros by the third year.
The apprenticeships are in great demand, however: there are an average of 30 applicants for one place, says Achim Nieroda from the German Brewers' Association. "Automation has eliminated some jobs." In 1996, according to the Federal Statistical Office, around 45,000 brewers were still employed, according to Nieroda, this number has now been reduced to an estimated 25,000. "But I hardly know any unemployed brewers," reassured Nieroda. In addition, you can always go abroad. "Anyone who doesn't just want to work in Germany has very good prospects," confirms Heidrun Ballmann from the Berliner Kindl Schultheiss brewery. (dpa)
Click here to go to the website of the German Brewers Association
- Pure idebenone powder in wholesale
- Howls moving Castle fanfiction crossover sites
- Abdulaziz bin ahmed al malki wholesale
- How to Defeat Dark General Proneus
- How long are checks valid for Barclays
- Klaine Doktor, the fanfiction family of Blood
- What is the job description of the Comsec custodian bank
- How To Make Umlingo Wamangcolosi Juice Recipe
- How does Svelte 30
- Save WhatsApp Spy Free
- Howard Huang area real estate partner Apollo
- How much does a monique lhuillier
- Sony cmt ne3 how to use md
- Catalyst 2960s 48 gige specs howard
- How much do 5sos Soundcheck tickets cost
- What is bird spit
- Who did Naomi Mayers marry me Jason
- Where is Dalton Tanonaka now
- Maybe-this-time-2014, where can I see
- Fourfiveseconds Lyrics What does this mean
- How to use satluj punjabi scriptures
- How to teach vocabulary thornbury pdf
- Agiolax madaus how to use it
- Megalodon facts, what to eat in Peru
- Wen word usage over time
- You wa shock ringtone where
- How old is Yao Ming's daughter Greatness
- Who won the Sail America Cup winners
- How to stick styrofoam on glass
- How do I port the Juniper router architecture
- How to cook sang nyuk mian
- Where's rusty gatenby kstp