Mondeo 2.2 tdci misfire when cold
White smoke from the exhaust? An overview of possible causes!
- The exhaust gases from an internal combustion engine consist mainly of nitrogen (N2), Carbon dioxide (CO2) and water vapor (H2O) and are usually colorless.
- You noticewhite smoke, this indicates that water is being evaporated. This can have different causes.
- It should be observed whether the problems only occur after a cold start and / or on cold days or whether the problem persists after the engine has warmed up.
- Especially if there are real clouds of smoke, the engine should be switched off as soon as possible and a breakdown service called or a workshop visited.
- Moreabout the typical causes and all costs incurred you can find out in the following guide!
- By the way: If it is more blue or black smoke, I recommend first reading the linked guides.
Evaporating condensation water
If the smoke formation only occurs after the start and / or on cold days, this suggests that the cause is simply evaporating condensation within the exhaust system.
This form of smoke or smoke is unproblematic and disappears after a few kilometers of driving as soon as the exhaust has reached its "operating temperature".
Vehicles from VW, Skoda, Audi, Seat, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Volvo and Opel are affected by the diesel scandal. Check here until May 21, 2021 free of charge and without obligation, whether you are entitled to compensation - done in just 1 minute! * Now for a quick online check *
Cylinder head gasket / cylinder head defective
The cylinder head sits directly on the engine block and closes it off at the top. In addition to the valve control, the cylinder head in gasoline engines contains, for example, the spark plugs and various inlet and outlet ducts.
If the smoke does not disappear after a few kilometers of driving, the problem may be a defective cylinder head gasket or a defective cylinder head.As a result, cooling water enters the combustion chamber and is evaporated. The result is white smoke from the exhaust.
This can lead to restrictions in the cooling or lubrication of the engine, which in the worst case can lead to engine damage. Hence should a workshop should be visited as soon as possible at the first suspicion.
You can find more information on repairs in this guide!
|Material / service||Change cylinder head gasket||Change cylinder head|
|material costs||150 to 450 euros||600 to 1,500 euros|
|Labor costs (fictitious|
Hourly rate: 80, - Euro)
|240 to 640 euros||240 to 640 euros|
|New engine oil including oil filter||35 to 130 euros||35 to 130 euros|
|cooling water||25 to 50 euros||25 to 50 euros|
TIP: Do not drive to a workshop before you have determined the current value of your vehicle. So you always know in advance exactly the cost up to which a repair is still worthwhile!
Simply use the following form from wirkaufendeinauto.de (100% free and non-binding).
The so-called exhaust gas turbocharger - turbo for short - is installed in diesel and gasoline engines (= petrol). The aim is to increase the performance and efficiency of the combustion engine through a higher air supply.
Lubrication with engine oil is used to prevent bearing damage due to the extremely high speed in the turbocharger (up to 30,000 rpm!).
A A defect in the turbocharger can ensure that this oil gets into the turbocharger, where it is compressed and burned becomes.
Depending on the exact form, this often leads to thick white billows of smoke, which smell strongly of oil. In addition, the car then only accelerates very poorly. In order to avoid expensive consequential damage, a workshop should be visited as soon as possible.
You can find more information on typical causes and symptoms of turbocharger damage in this separate guide.
|Material / service||estimated prices (new part)|
|Turbocharger material costs||850 to 2,300 euros|
|Workload||240 to 640 euros|
|Engine oil + oil filter||35 to 130 euros|
Did you know that all modern cars (built around 2003 or later) have a very comprehensive fault memory that you can read out yourself? You can find suitable devices at Amazon *, for example.
General inspection despite white exhaust smoke?
Depending on the exact cause of the problem, it may be that the exhaust gas values are increased and therefore there is a significant deficiency. Then the main inspection is not passed and the deficiencies must first be eliminated.
New, consumer-friendly BGH judgments! Vehicles from VW, Skoda, Audi, Seat, Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Volvo and Opel are affected by the diesel scandal. Here you can check free of charge and without obligation whether you are entitled to compensation - done in just 1 minute! * Now for a quick online check *
Still unanswered questions?Do you have a vehicle-specific question? Do you doubt the correctness of an invoice? Many problems are very vehicle-specific and cannot be explained in general terms. Our goal is still very clear: We want to help you! We currently have two further options for this:
- Drivers & mechanics help
- Response time: around 3 days
- Certified automotive mechatronics technicians help
- Answer optionally within 24 hours
- guaranteed independent
- ideal as a second opinion
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
Did this article help you? If so, we look forward to your positive rating! With this you help us to make your-autoreparatur.de better known!
Now click on "5 stars" on the far right. Many Thanks!
(127 Rating (s), on average: 4,26 of 5)
- Lady pounding grapes, what happened in Paris
- How to clean tarnished clad brass
- How to clean dwarf hamster scent nozzle
- How much do Cohiba cigars cost
- How to superimpose metal roof
- How many fries in 100 grams
- Naviti Resort after the fire, what u
- How to make 2 ppm solution concentration
- How to use the Cell Tracker app
- How long is the Halo Jump School?
- What does Kushina mean in English
- How to take off the bottle cap
- J0702 30 mg how many units
- Rip fonts from myfonts whatthefont
- What great sellers do e-books have audio
- What does negative offset mean on wheels
- How to remove perma soft reline
- When will the x2c Sam Hunt album be released?
- Crickhowell Fair Tax Town Twitter Search
- How to use progesterone cream during pregnancy
- Use of the Z-axis setter Mitutoyo
- What is 70 meters high
- Maybe tomorrow ub40, the church wrote
- How many zeros in a Gigaton hammer