What do cockchafer maggots eat
White grubs in the garden - what to do?
How to recognize white grubs
White grubs are the larvae of scarab beetles. The cockchafer is one of the best-known beetles of this genus. The larvae are very thick and up to six inches long. You can recognize them by their light body as well as their darker head and limbs.
The white grub lives in the ground and feeds on the numerous roots of the various plants and trees. You can either find the larvae when you dig up your garden or only when the first damage to your plants is visible. Especially if you cannot explain why your plants are dying, you should take a close look at the soil.
What you can do about the larvae in the soil
There is no need to put chemicals on the roots of your plants in pest control. You can achieve initial success very quickly with natural aids.
The larvae feed on dead plant parts, tubers and roots. Get rid of all dead plant parts to prevent the grubs from getting food. Spread garlic cloves in your garden soil. Garlic has a repulsive effect on grubs and they look for other quarters.
Another means is to use horse manure, which you can get from a riding stables or farm. Then mix the horse manure with compost and put everything together in a bucket. Then bury this mixture in your garden at a depth of around 50 centimeters. In the spring you dig up the buckets again and destroy the grubs.
Horn beetles, more precisely, scarab beetles are not very ...
If you want to fight your grubs naturally, you can also use nematodes (small roundworms). These hardly visible roundworms are put into a watering can together with water and the plants are watered with this liquid. This application is extremely effective and helpful.
If the lawn is infested with the beetle larvae, you can hope for the next storm with rain. If the soil is too wet, they dig to the surface. Birds, hedgehogs and martens enjoy the delicious meal and eat the lavas. With deeply buried lawn edges you prevent renewed infestation.
How helpful do you find this article?
- Bushwillow Park Howick Hall
- What happens to old city buses
- Asal badiee how did she die shaail
- How did Geoff knock down daughter Alexandra Dierkx
- Nordette morning after the pill, how to take
- Who owns the Grand Bleu yacht
- Modelia New York Wholesale Women's Clothing Information
- How many pages are 7500 characters
- Mii how to make green skin
- Howard and Bernadette bedspread
- Mike Dote Platinum Mortgage Wholesale
- Hubners who is who Romania
- How much to the hot tank engine block
- What would you do Dogg Pound Zippysack
- Creepypasta friend scenarios when you are bullied
- What does it mean to despise happiness?
- How does a corn stalk violin sound?
- How do you make my money
- Ibadan girls WhatsApp numbers
- K wizard app walkthrough of what this drawing is
- Yamaha lu 90 where was it made
- Howard online in late 1992
- How to Make Crepes Gordon Ramsay
- What size drill 18 npt
- How to refill the Vaillant Turbomax boiler
- What does Doc mean in shipping
- Standy 31 weld how to
- Head turns when you lie down drunk
- How to open the container after the microwave
- What is another word for deconditioning
- How to solve dardusk gym puzzle
- How to say Brahmacharya Gandhi
- What is given form from syrup
- Who owns a yacht named Eisbergs