Actual status what is app
This post details a potential issue observed with Teams user status, some considerations and how it the issue was resolved.
I recently had several instances of users Teams status either being slow to update, or in some cases showing as "offline" or unavailable. There is an amount of information if you search for it online, but I couldn't find a definitive answer on how to resolve it through my googling.
I dealt with one user for whom this issue was particularly persistent, their status was stuck as ‘offline’ 100% of the time in Teams, but also Teams showed all their colleagues status as ‘offline’ too.
Things to try
So I wrote a post last year, in which I covered many of the troubleshooting steps involved in getting set up with the desktop app. However I’ll summarize what I tried to do (and failed), before finally resolving the issue.
# 1 Reset status
- in the search bar within the Teams app, or;
- Press your photo icon> click on your status> reset status
In my users case this did absolutely nothing, didn’t change the status within the Teams app whatsoever.
# 2 Logging in using web browser
In my experience Microsoft generally advise logging in via the browser to either a) clear whatever cache is causing the status to get stuck, or b) verify it is a local issue and not one with the Teams app. Just ask the user to login to teams.microsoft.com and verify if their status changes.
In my case, the users status updated to available whilst in the browser, but when closing it reverted back to "offline".
# 3 Clearing the Teams cache
As documented here, clearing the Teams cache fixes many of the issues users have with the desktop app, but in my case this didn’t work either.
What worked for me
They always say the simplest solution is the best right? Another saying I like is why use a hammer when a screwdriver will do… well in this case the hammer was needed!
After trying all of the above, what fixed the issue was to uninstall and re-install the Teams desktop app... that was it!
Before uninstalling / re-installing, I got the user to try logging into Teams desktop on a different machine, which low-and-behold worked. After a fresh version of Teams was installed on the users machine, all the status problems disappeared, so if anyone else has the same problem - try uninstalling & re-installing the Teams app!
Don’t forget the new Offline Presence status!
During my investigations I also remembered reading this from the Microsoft roadmap regarding a new offline presence status coming to Teams this month. So if you do find yourself in a similar situation as me, be sure to include this in your thinking too ...
- Idrac6 web interface whole child
- Vista Wholesale Insurance Partner Inc.
- Justin Lukach, where is he now
- How long does the IPL laser treatment last
- How to make a sausage smokehouse plans
- Where was Allen Chastanet born to run
- My mouth looks crooked when I talk
- Activation key for WhatsApp mass sender
- What is a purple cow swimmer
- What does the alkalization of your body not lie?
- Anaquitos para que descargar whatsapp
- How to clear level 139 Candy Crush
- Sea kayak Lord Howe Island
- How to improve the short game of golf
- How to get super glue from wood
- Cambridge Audio S20 rating what Hi-Fi rating
- Howard Heck Debbie Taylor-Kerman
- Cfd mass imbalance when walking
- What is Supiroban ointment
- Heartbeat What The Butler Saw Cast 2
- Where to find rubber backs for earrings
- How to use philips flat irons hp4696
- Whatever your boat floats funny jokes
- Where are California Papillionaire bikes made?
- How to use dry sausage sleeves
- What does a house from 1950 look like
- Penawaran Kerjasama Dropship Wholesaler
- Who makes Toolzone Tools
- Where dreams have taken on flight meaning
- How to call google chrome
- Parchment Scroll Rods Wholesale
- Sardari quotes in Punjabi for WhatsApp
- Who does Lark Voorhies makeup