Would health commercial that sings
Why Kaiser Chiefs sings for Barclaycard
Does that mean sync deals are becoming more socially acceptable? Why?
It all started a few years ago with computer games. All the bands wanted to be in the new FIFA game. It doesn't make a difference to me: you get paid to let someone else use your song. But somehow that was considered cool. The same applies to TV series. You can conquer America if your song is played at the end of "Grey's Anatomy". In my opinion, that opened the door to licensing songs for commercials as well.
Will income from sync deals, commercials or the like become even more important for musicians in the future?
Time will show. At the moment we don't think about fish fingers advertising when we are writing our songs. We can manage with the income from our concerts and albums - but to be able to take big steps, you sometimes need a small extra budget. Older artists like to look down on young musicians for licensing a song for a commercial. But in the eighties or nineties as a musician you made a lot more money much faster. I'm not sad that we missed this time because we had a great time ourselves, but the industry has just changed - and will be different again in ten years. Maybe bands then approach brands and ask if they can write a song for a spot (laughs).
What should you as a band but also as a brand consider when collaborating?
The most important thing is not to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable. Otherwise neither the brand nor you benefit from it. For a spot to work, people have to believe what they see. In everything we've done, I've never gritted my teeth. I've always enjoyed it. But it also depends on what you make of it yourself.
Keyword having a say?
Yeah, actually I was supposed to be crowdsurfing the spot. But first, it just doesn't look good, and second, I never do it. So I suggested that I float into the audience on a camera instead. It's more unrealistic, but it still makes the spot more believable.
Which brand would you say no to?
There are of course moral reasons. You don't want to advertise cigarettes or junk food. But otherwise I would never say never. Apart from that: We have already turned down offers for sync deals and in the end the spots were accompanied by songs that sounded just like ours. There was once a perfume that imitated "I Predict A Riot" and a few months ago a car brand copied "Ruby". That can happen too.
With the Barclaycard spot, on the other hand, you did everything right back then: your fifth album reached number one in the British charts. A satisfaction?
Nice. Our drummer Nick, who had written most of our songs to date, had just left the band. A lot was changing around us and the album had to be good. The commercial definitely helped us. Just like my jury membership for the talent show "The Voice". Television is just still the best marketing.
To the band
The Kaiser Chiefs stormed the charts in 2005 with their debut album "Employment". Many saw the departure of drummer and songwriter Nick Hodgson in 2012 as the beginning of the end - but the band fought their way back. Their sixth album "Stay Together" has just been released.
- What does snail mean in slang
- Banna status for WhatsApp on life
- Anarchy, by example, means what segmentation is
- Who is Veterans News Now
- Ketosis pens don't turn purple with Kaelte
- Icono whatsapp iphone png template
- Wholesale pots for plants Melbourne
- Unfold columns in the pivot table
- Ed64 plus how to
- Using the mixer for Minecraft skins
- Lido marinozzi in kuwait how is doctor
- How to open an fxp file in cubase
- On the other hand, however, exercises
- Mda chowk multan houses
- Indian doctors in Kuwait, like is doctor
- Greetings gifts for mothers
- Kodai FM WhatsApp number verification
- Cbeebies tikkabilla wherees woolly monkey
- Sakuno and Fuji Lemon Fanfiction where Naruto
- How to put middle finger in text
- Janis curthoys howes cave ny
- What does the unavailability of the accused mean
- Python animal guessing game who am I
- What is a government valve
- Dr. Who vs Doc Brown Liverpool
- How did Nick Ceroli diego
- Wholesale mime robes for service
- What is ancillary tax on deed
- What does oeko stand for
- Dr. Looi Lai Mun Chow
- Throwing away laundry how to handle it
- Manohar Chowdhry associates Bangalore days
- How to connect Italian charm bracelets
- How to increase cs 1.6 server fps