WhatsApp group rules welcome message
We are an IRC chat room for the exchange between people in the autism spectrum (Kanner Autism, Asperger Autism, Atypical Autism). Interested outsiders and relatives are also welcome, but primarily autistic people should feel comfortable with us.
Topics are small talk, conversation about the life situations of the chatters, challenges, successes, special interests and whatever else people like to talk about. In principle there is no topic that does not fit into our chat.
Since it is more widespread among autistic people than in society as a whole to be queer (homosexual, transident, asexual, intersexual, bisexual etc.), we are of course inclusive for any form of queerness and expect our chatters to be tolerant in this regard.
Start web chat
Alternatively, go to irc.freenode.net in #autistenchat with an IRC client of your choice.
- When you first join the channel: introduce yourself. We are a very familiar group, every new nick is noticed. An idea could look like this: "Hello, I'm X, in my mid-thirties with a fresh diagnosis of autism." or "Hey guys, what's up? Can I chat with you as an aspie and complain about classmates?" or "Good evening, am I also welcome here as an artist? I'm not sure if I could have autism."
- When someone new enters the room, welcome them and introduce yourself. New chatters sometimes need encouragement to really get into the conversation right away. If you want to learn about new chatters, it's only fair if you introduce yourself to them too.
- Give others space for their problems. When someone talks about their problems, don't start a new topic (you can go in for other topics in the meantime). As you enter, make sure a topic is in progress before you bring your topic up. New users, autism-related topics, and problems in the chatter's life take precedence over other topics. If you are asked to follow up on your topic, please do so.
- What you don't want someone to do to you, don't do it to anyone else. Be nice to other chatters. Don't offend anyone, don't talk badly about others. Misunderstandings will arise. Try to stay calm while these are cleared.
- Don't discriminate against anyone. Don't talk disparagingly about groups of people. Do not insult someone because they belong to a certain group. Do not generalize about people in certain groups, these generalizations fall short.
- Be honest and tell if something is bothering you. Talking about bad feelings and problems is difficult. But without talking about it, the problems and differences between chatters keep growing. You can also write to the moderators privately.
- Try not to hurt other people's feelings. You may not understand how someone else can have spiders as a special interest, for example, but that's no reason to talk derogatory about it. Your life is different from the life of the other chatters. They can make decisions differently than you would. Try to respect that, or at least respectfully and not to point out other options for decision-making without being asked.
- Don't give out personal information carelessly. Chatting requires trust, but this can also be built up without revealing personal data. Examples: Your real name, your address or your home town - it is better to enter a region if you want to categorize yourself geographically. You should also not name your employer, school, names of friends and family members, telephone number, email address, etc.
- Don't talk badly about others. Talking about absent people behind your back is inappropriate as it hurts feelings. This particularly affects absent people and other autistic chats.
The moderators monitor compliance with the rules and good interaction with one another. They also take care to put trolls and spammers in their place.
If you're having trouble with another chatter, just ask PhoenixBot for help via and someone will take care of you.
- N / A
- Non-autistic, a person who is not on the autism spectrum
- Suspicion autist, someone without a direct diagnosis but with suspicion of himself or others
- Neurotypical, a perfectly normal person
- Self-help group, regular meetings of people with similar problems, for example autistic people
- Degree of disability; values between 10 and 100 are possible for autism.
- Stimming usually describes monotonous, repetitive actions that (Asperger's) autistic people do in order to regulate their sensory impressions and to calm down. At neuroqueer you can read about stimming, especially on this blog is that some posts (including this one) are set to music.
- Facial blindness
- Facial blindness is a common comorbidity of autism: it doesn't mean you can't see faces, just that you can't remember them. Fuchskind has published a comic worth reading on their website.
- TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communicationn Handicapped Children) is a treatment approach for autistic people. It is mainly used in children. Buttercup Country wrote an article about how it is applied to their son. This form of therapy is repeatedly referred to in her blog.
- Overload is an overstimulation of the senses of an autistic person, it arises, for example, in restless situations such as at a Christmas market, but it can also arise in supposedly quiet situations, for example due to a permanently running air conditioning.
- A meltdown is a kind of core meltdown. Outwardly, a meltdown looks like an outburst of anger, but in contrast to one it arises from the overstimulation of the senses and is a way with which autistic people can breathe again.
- Shut down
- A shutdown is another possible response to too many stimuli, it is characterized by a shutdown of all activity. Ella wrote an interesting post on this topic on her blog.
- Special interest
- Most autistic people do not have an island talent, but a special interest, with which they occupy an average of 26 hours a week. Some companies like Auticon use this to provide work for autistic people.
- More lists of terms
- More detailed lists of terms can be found, for example, on the page of Twitter user @yousitonmyspot.
In addition to our chat, we have other offers to do something together in your free time:
- TeamSpeak is a technology for making phone calls to several people over the Internet. We run a TeamSpeak3 server. Access data for this can be requested in the chat.
- Guild Wars 2 guild
- Guild Wars 2 is an MMORPG. We have founded a guild which is especially inclusive for autistic people and some of our regular chatters are members of this guild.
There are some great other autistic people who have written something that we consider useful information. Hence, here is a small collection of valuable items. There is more to discover on each of these blogs and websites.
- Dealing with descriptions
- Sometimes acquaintances come along and say sentences like "You don't behave like this or that known autistic person, you cannot be an autistic person". This is usually too short-sighted. You can read about how to deal with such statements at innerwelt. She writes about her life as an autistic mother.
- Environmental reactions to autism
- When you tell other people that you are autistic, there are some inappropriate reactions. Marlies Hübner has put together a brief summary of some of these reactions.
- light AS - heavy AS
- Often one is tempted from the outside to divide autism into different degrees of severity. This leads to formulations like "He has mild autism", even if these statements seem uncritical at first, they are critical because they neglect the autistic person's inner view and create an inadmissible assessment, Benjamin Falk also has this in his Blog written.
- Person with autism
- Some autistic people find the phrase “people with autism” to be inadequate because it pretends that autism and the person are separable, but they are not. Fotobus writes a lot on his blog about the fight against ABA and everyday discrimination.
- Fight against ABA
- The fight against ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis, a form of therapy against autism) preoccupies many autistic people. At the forefront of this fight is lateral thinker, and he also educates people about autism. Other well-known personalities also join the fight against ABA. Marlies Huebner, for example, and a lot of Twitter users who have joined forces under the hashtag #AboutWarum, with the aim of getting the Aktion Mensch association to stop promoting ABA, will be there.
- There are several forums for sharing ideas with people with autism. The best known forum is the self-help forum from Aspies.de. Aspies e.V. as the operator of the forum ensures this and it stands like a rock in the internal disputes of the autistic world. The forum is aimed at those affected as well as parents and relatives.
Since most of the other forums for autistic people only revolve around relatives or want to know real names, which we reject, we will not list them here. If you think you know another good forum please write to:
- Most of the associations like Autismus Deutschland (autismus.de) are parents' associations and not self-representation for autistic people, so we won't list them here. However, there are also some self-advocacy associations that operate more or less locally.
- Aspies e.V.
- Aspies e.V. is one of the first associations founded by people with autism to be active nationwide both online and offline, mainly in Berlin; the association operates, among other things, the largest specific forum on autism and a helpline for people with autism.
- Autism simply different e.V.
- Autism simply different, formerly to be found under auticare, is an association that supports the establishment of offline self-help groups, it is based in the Rhineland.
- Work, Living, Living e.V.
- Is an association based in the Karlsruhe region that provides local help.
- Many autistic people find it easier to express themselves in writing rather than verbally. So it is not surprising that there are now a number of self-help chats next to us. We would like to introduce you to these:
- # autisten.de
- The chat, led by TheDoctor, Rechercheur and soor, has a strong focus on social support for people with disabilities, as well as for disabled rights.
- # autism.chat
- The chat operated by the physicist modulo has a strong focus on natural scientific SIs and the exchange about them.
Instead of web chat, you can also use an IRC client for autistic chat. We can be found on the IRC network. You can enter the channel in all clients with the input
- HexChat, Chatzilla
- Linux / Unix
- Mac / iOS
- Adium (Mac only), Colloquy
How to register your nick
First you should make sure that you are active under the nickname you want to register. To type the following commands, it is best to go to the window / buffer with the server's welcome message (to prevent accidentally typed commands from being posted to a channel if there is a typo with sensitive data).
Register nickname (one-time)
To register the nickname, it is sufficient to execute the following command with a user-defined password and email address.
Then you should receive a confirmation email from Freenode, in which you may have to click on a confirmation link.
Authentication (every time)
After you have registered the nickname or the account with the first nickname (an account can contain several nicknames), you should log out again as a test and log in again. To authenticate yourself now you have to enter the following command (you should of course already be active with the nickname you want to authenticate with; otherwise set the nick with beforehand):
Prevent unauthorized use
In order to prevent someone from using your nickname if you are not online with it, a setting must now be set in your account (you must already be authenticated for this). This setting will ensure that you are automatically renamed after 30 seconds if you have not authenticated yourself. So if someone joins the server with your nickname and doesn't authenticate themselves within 30 seconds, the server will automatically rename them.
Take control of unauthorized use
If it should happen that the nickname is for any reason (for example because the setting is on), then you can use this command to regain control (of course you have to explicitly specify the correct nickname if the nickname is blocked you are of course currently active with someone else):
This data protection declaration explains the type, scope and purpose of the processing of personal data (hereinafter referred to as "data") within our online offer and the associated websites, functions and content as well as external online presences, such as our social media profile. (hereinafter jointly referred to as "online offer"). With regard to the terms used, such as "processing" or "person responsible", we refer to the definitions in Art. 4 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Dielheimer Str. 13
Types of data processed:
- Inventory data (e.g., names, addresses).
- Contact details (e.g., e-mail, telephone numbers).
- Content data (e.g., text input, photographs, videos).
- Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times).
- Meta / communication data (e.g., device information, IP addresses).
Purpose of processing
- Provision of the online offer, its functions and content.
- Answering contact inquiries and communicating with users.
- Safety measures.
- Reach measurement / marketing
"Personal data" is all information that relates to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter "data subject"); A natural person is regarded as identifiable who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by means of assignment to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or one or more special features, which express the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of this natural person.
"Processing" is any process carried out with or without the aid of automated processes or any such series of processes in connection with personal data. The term is broad and encompasses practically every handling of data.
"Pseudonymization" is the processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be assigned to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that this additional information is stored separately and is subject to technical and organizational measures that guarantee that the personal data are not assigned to an identified or identifiable natural person;
"Profiling" means any type of automated processing of personal data that consists of using this personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular aspects relating to work performance, economic situation, health, personal To analyze or predict the preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, whereabouts or relocation of this natural person;
"Responsible" means the natural or legal person, authority, institution or other body that alone or jointly with others decides on the purposes and means of processing personal data.
"Processor" means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body that processes personal data on behalf of the person responsible;
Relevant legal bases
In accordance with Art. 13 GDPR, we will inform you of the legal basis for our data processing. If the legal basis is not mentioned in the data protection declaration, the following applies: The legal basis for obtaining consent is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a and Art. 7 GDPR, the legal basis for processing for the performance of our services and the implementation of contractual measures Answering inquiries is Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit. b GDPR, the legal basis for processing in order to fulfill our legal obligations is Article 6 Paragraph 1 lit.c GDPR, and the legal basis for processing to safeguard our legitimate interests is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR. In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In accordance with Art. 32 GDPR, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the type, scope, circumstances and purposes of processing as well as the different probability of occurrence and severity of the risk for the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we make suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk; The measures include, in particular, securing the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical access to the data, as well as the access, input, transfer, ensuring availability and their separation. Furthermore, we have set up procedures that guarantee the exercise of data subject rights, deletion of data and a response to data threats. Furthermore, we take into account the protection of personal data already in the development or selection of hardware, software and procedures, in accordance with the principle of data protection through technology design and data protection-friendly default settings (Art. 25 GDPR).
Cooperation with contract processors and third parties
If we disclose data to other persons and companies (contract processors or third parties) as part of our processing, transmit them to them or otherwise grant them access to the data, this is only done on the basis of legal permission (e.g. if the data is transmitted to third parties, as is required for payment service providers in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. b GDPR), you have consented, a legal obligation provides for this or on the basis of our legitimate interests (e.g. when using agents, web hosts, etc.).
If we commission third parties to process data on the basis of a so-called "order processing contract", this is done on the basis of Art. 28 GDPR.
Transfers to third countries
If we process data in a third country (i.e. outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA)) or if this happens in the context of the use of third-party services or disclosure or transmission of data to third parties, this will only take place if it happens to fulfill our (pre) contractual obligations, on the basis of your consent, on the basis of a legal obligation or on the basis of our legitimate interests. Subject to legal or contractual permissions, we process or have the data processed in a third country only if the special requirements of Art. 44 ff. GDPR are met. This means that processing takes place e.g. on the basis of special guarantees, such as the officially recognized determination of a data protection level corresponding to the EU (e.g. for the USA through the "Privacy Shield") or compliance with officially recognized special contractual obligations (so-called "standard contractual clauses").
Rights of data subjects
You have the right to request confirmation as to whether the data in question is being processed and to request information about this data as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with Art.
You have accordingly. Art. 16 GDPR the right to request the completion of the data concerning you or the correction of the incorrect data concerning you.
In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, you have the right to demand that the relevant data be deleted immediately or, alternatively, in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request a restriction on the processing of the data.
You have the right to request that you receive the data concerning you that you have provided to us in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR and to request that it be transmitted to other responsible parties.
In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to revoke your consent in accordance with Art. 7 Paragraph 3 GDPR with effect for the future
Right to object
You can object to the future processing of your data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR at any time. The objection can in particular be made against processing for direct marketing purposes.
Cookies and right to object to direct mail
"Cookies" are small files that are stored on users' computers. Various information can be stored within the cookies. A cookie is primarily used to store information about a user (or the device on which the cookie is stored) during or after their visit to an online offer. Temporary cookies, or "session cookies" or "transient cookies", are cookies that are deleted after a user leaves an online offer and closes his browser. Such a cookie can, for example, store the content of a shopping cart in an online shop or a login status. Cookies are referred to as "permanent" or "persistent" and remain stored even after the browser is closed. For example, the login status can be saved if users visit it after several days. The interests of the users can also be stored in such a cookie, which are used for range measurement or marketing purposes. "Third-party cookies" are cookies that are offered by providers other than the person responsible for operating the online offer (otherwise, if it is only their cookies, they are referred to as "first-party cookies").
We can use temporary and permanent cookies and clarify this in the context of our data protection declaration.
If users do not want cookies to be stored on their computer, they are asked to deactivate the corresponding option in the system settings of their browser. Saved cookies can be deleted in the system settings of the browser. The exclusion of cookies can lead to functional restrictions of this online offer.
Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted or restricted in their processing in accordance with Art. 17 and 18 GDPR. Unless expressly stated in this data protection declaration, the data stored by us will be deleted as soon as they are no longer required for their intended purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention requirements. If the data is not deleted because it is required for other and legally permissible purposes, its processing will be restricted. I.e. the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be kept for commercial or tax reasons.
According to legal requirements in Germany, the storage takes place in particular for 10 years according to §§ 147 Abs. 1 AO, 257 Abs. 1 Nr. 1 and 4, Abs. 4 HGB (books, records, management reports, accounting documents, trading books, more relevant for taxation Documents, etc.) and 6 years according to § 257 Paragraph 1 No. 2 and 3, Paragraph 4 HGB (commercial letters).
According to legal requirements in Austria, storage takes place in particular for 7 years in accordance with Section 132 (1) BAO (accounting documents, receipts / invoices, accounts, receipts, business papers, list of income and expenses, etc.), for 22 years in connection with land and for 10 years for documents in connection with electronically provided services, telecommunications, radio and television services that are provided to non-entrepreneurs in EU member states and for which the mini-one-stop-shop (MOSS) is used.
The hosting services we use serve to provide the following services: Infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, security services and technical maintenance services that we use for the purpose of operating this online offer.
We, or our hosting provider, process inventory data, contact data, content data, contract data, usage data, meta and communication data from customers, interested parties and visitors to this online offer on the basis of our legitimate interests in an efficient and secure provision of this online offer in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit.f GDPR in conjunction with Art. 28 GDPR (conclusion of an order processing contract).
Collection of access data and log files
We, or our hosting provider, collect data on every access to the server on which this service is located (so-called server log files) on the basis of our legitimate interests within the meaning of Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. The access data includes the name of the accessed website, file, date and time of access, amount of data transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user's operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page), IP address and the requesting provider .
For security reasons (e.g. to investigate acts of abuse or fraud), log file information is stored for a maximum of 7 days and then deleted. Data, the further storage of which is necessary for evidence purposes, are excluded from deletion until the respective incident has been finally clarified.
When contacting us (e.g. via the contact form, email, telephone or via social media), the information provided by the user is processed to process the contact request and to process it in accordance with Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. The information provided by the users can be stored in a customer relationship management system ("CRM system") or a comparable request organization.
We delete the inquiries if they are no longer required. We review the requirement every two years; The statutory archiving obligations also apply.
Hosting the chat
The chat room itself is hosted on Freenode's servers. If the user registers in the IRC chat, this data is saved by Freenode. We have no access to this information. With regard to the terms and conditions and data protection provisions applicable there, please contact Freenode directly.
Hosting the web chat
The web chat integrated into our website is currently hosted on Kiwi IRC. By using the web chat, the user agrees to the terms and conditions and the data protection provisions of Kiwi IRC.
Dielheimer Str. 13
Email: [email protected]
- What does atw mean in prison?
- Who is my friend
- How Ernest Angley's wife died in prayer
- What does Janabat means of transport
- How do the Mantoni suits fit
- Mountain back where I belong lyrics Hercules
- Sign quarters Alex Lawhon
- Urine smell in underwear during pregnancy
- Zdankiewicz agnieszka gabinet stomatologiczny sulechow
- How to remove the Google Ads banner
- How to make a winged potion
- What counts as overtime in California
- What do epithelial cells mean in urine
- Indian doctors in Kuwait, like is doctor
- How to give a Coss Briefing Paper
- Dr. Pavuluri Krishna Chowdary reviews of films
- Nissin chow my flavorstone
- How to Escape Forward Slash in XML
- Hasti ka ahang Roman synopsis how long
- Wallys Wholesale Truck Louisiana
- How to Make Yoshi Infinite Flutter
- What is critical theory and practical criticism
- What is mser medication
- How to automatically update and transpose pages