Wharfedale Jade 7 Whathifi Trade
Wharfedale Jade-5 review
Wharfedale’s new Jade range is one of 2011’s big hi-fi launches. And, the first model up for evaluation is the Jade-5, a stocky, yet elegant floorstander.
Wharfedale has pulled out all the stops designing these new speakers. The curved cabinet is made from a proprietary new substance called Crystalam.
Instead of using MDF, Wharfedale claims that its new multi-layer composite helps to dampen and reduce the effect of cabinet vibrations.
The Jade-5 also uses Wharfedale’s new cone material, Acufiber. The company claims it brings together the best elements of glass and carbon fiber with a self-damping woven matrix for a responsive yet neutral sound.
The Jade-5’s twin 15cm bass drivers and single 7.5cm midrange driver both use this cone material.
A traditional 25mm aluminum dome tweeter competes the three-way driver arrangement.
Hard-hitting but detailed
Instead of using a bass port or a sealed cabinet, Wharfedale has used an unusual solution - aperiodic bass loading - and their bass makes its presence felt.
Low notes, sound weighty and powerful, yet they’re handled with great care and control.
Spin The Prodigy’s Invaders Must Die and, given the brute force of the tracks’s bass output, the level of composure shown by the Jade-5s is outstanding.
But besides revelling in heavyweight tracks, they can handle the pitter-patter of more delicate tunes and instruments with equal aplomb.
A play of Sufjan Stevens ’Jacksonville highlights the detail that the speakers pick up. Leading edges are crystal clear: you can peer into the soundstage and follow any instrument that takes your fancy.
You might be worried about integration between the four drivers, but the Jade-5s knit each element together well. It's only when you bi-wire that that the track starts to unravel: single-wired gets better results.
Take extra care when matching them up to a system, though. Using our reference Bryston amp the Wharfedales sounded a little lean in the midrange and treble.
Switch to an amp with a richer, fuller sound, such as the brilliant Roksan Caspian M2 (£ 1595), and they're an instant hit.
These are seriously capable speakers. We wonder how the rest of the range will fare ...
|Manufacturer Website Address||http://www.internationalaudiogroup.com|
|Manufacturer||International Audio Group Ltd|
|Manufacturer Part Number||JADE5-VCH|
|product name||Wharfedale Jade-5|
|Minimum frequency response||42 Hz|
|RMS output power||200 W|
|Maximum frequency response||24 kHz|
|Driver Type||25.40 mm aluminum tweeter|
|Form factor||Floor standing|
|Weight Approximate||27.50 kg|
|Dimensions||1055 mm (H): 246 mm (W): 400 mm (D)|
- How to find atmakaraka and amatyakaraka mars
- What does cma stand for in shipping
- How to use dclgen in cobol programmer
- What is geocentric personnel
- Disable the swap in Ubuntu to delete
- How much does the Ravitch process cost
- Qtp 8 1x18 what is blue
- Passion fruit syrup whole foods
- How can doctors increase the sperm count
- How to get f20 on the keyboard
- What are evil-sounding surnames
- How to make visual new sprites
- Fluance sx6 is where we are
- Use of the ASCII function in informatica
- Pronounce name in Beowulf who is Wulfgar
- Where to find dingoes far away 3
- Melanotan 2 how long before the weight result
- Home textile importers in Chile where Pablo
- How to grow a throat on a cold island
- How does Hyperdrive Workaholics work
- Skyrim pc how to take screenshots
- What is a clock capacitor diagrams
- Where was Sherwin Bryce-Pease born free
- Lord who texts at the first Eucharist
- Flip fonts for Nokia X2 01 WhatsApp
- How to use connoisseurs in one sentence
- What is bac ha plant
- How to play swat 4 coop gameranger
- What does Shema mean in Chinese
- Howard Leight Impact Sports 1526 Broadway
- What does etoh mean for care
- Decapeptyl is used when implanting in ivf
- Abdominal muscle pain when sneezing
- Disabling duplex printing on the Xerox 3320 printer