What is 2 turns of the pan
Cleaning the iron pan: Remove dirt, rust and burnt-in food with ease
Iron pans have become an indispensable part of most kitchens. This type of pan is characterized by its robust properties. But especially when it comes to cleaning and maintaining the iron pan, you have to pay attention to a few special features. We'll show you below how to properly clean your cast iron pan and what else is important.
1. The special properties of the pan require special measures
Iron pans are indestructible. In addition, many dishes can be prepared particularly tasty in such a pan. This is why old iron pans are so popular. As soon as they are burned in, they impress with their unmistakable roasting properties." More information
But cleaning the iron pan is actually not that easy. The most important thing in advance: Detergent has no place in cleaning. Burning in creates what is known as the patina - in which the roasted aromas are stored - which would disappear if you cleaned the pan with washing-up liquid.
This burnt layer is essential for the functioning of the cast iron pan. That sounds unhygienic at first. But that's not it at all. The fact is that bacteria and viruses die at temperatures around 70 ° C. So when you cook food in the cast iron skillet, you don't have to worry about any bacteria. They cannot cause any damage in the forged pan.
2. Cleaning the iron pan in everyday life: step by step
When cleaning the iron pan, you have to pay attention to a few special features.
Proper cleaning of the cast iron pan looks like this:
- Let the pan cool completely after frying. If you were to put cold water into the hot pan, this would cause the iron to warp and the pan would no longer fit on the hob.
- Once the pan has cooled, rinse it out with warm water.
- If there is leftover cooking in the pan, take a sponge and rub it over the area.
- If the remains do not come off, you can add warm water to the pan and let it soak a little.
- Then rub the dirty parts of the pan with the sponge again.
- If the pan is still noticeably greasy after cleaning, you can run a paper towel over the bottom of the pan.
Make sure that it doesn't hurt if the bottom and sides of the pan are still a little greasy. Because with this fat you maintain the pan. It ensures that no rust forms. So unless the pan is really dirty, you don't even need water to clean it. Just take a dry kitchen towel and remove the leftovers from the pan. After that, you can just put them in the closet.
The most important facts are discussed in detail in the following video:
3. Clean the iron pan if it is dirty and burnt in: These home remedies are effective
Sometimes it may be necessary to clean the iron pan thoroughly because it has become more stubborn. You don't need expensive cleaning products for this, because home remedies do the same.
A real classic is salt. With salt you can remove burnt food in no time after using the iron pan, should a mishap occur. If something is burnt, put the dirty pan on the stove with a little water. Heat the water and then let it cool down a bit. In many cases, this procedure is sufficient.
If the pan is still burnt, add a little salt and rub the affected areas with Zewa. If this still doesn't improve, fill the pan with salt until the bottom of the pan is completely covered. Heat the salt carefully and rub the Zewa over the affected areas again. That should be enough to remove the burnt. Soda or soda can be used as an alternative to salt.
4. Preventing dirt: This is how the iron pan is cared for
If you don't take good care of the iron pan, it can start to rust.
Rust is probably a great enemy of the iron pan. However, you can work around the problem by properly caring for your iron pan.
For this it is advisable to rub the frying pan with frying oil after cleaning. To do this, put some oil on a cloth and distribute it thoroughly on the bottom of the pan. This is to prevent rust.
If you stack your pans in the cupboard, you should definitely put a pan guard between them. Otherwise the bottom of the pan could be damaged and scratched.
In order for the pan to keep you happy in the kitchen for a long time, you should make sure that you treat the surface gently. Ideally, only use soft sponges and avoid scratching and abrasive materials. They could destroy the bottom of the pan and then the pan will no longer serve its intended purpose. If in doubt, it is better to proceed gently and carry out the cleaning several times.
5. Burn in an iron pan: this is how it works
Burning in iron pans is an important process if you want the best possible frying results and if you want to prevent the food from sticking in the pan. For the stoving process, you need an oil that can be heated to a high temperature. Pour a layer of oil into the pan until the bottom of the pan is about two inches. Now turn the stove on and wait until the oil starts to smoke. Take the frying pan off the stove and place it on a cold burner until both the pan and the oil have cooled down.
Throw away the oil and rub the pan clean with a kitchen towel. The one-time burn-in is usually sufficient. In general, however, the frying pan is only properly burned in when the patina has formed.
The patina is an important feature of iron pans. It colors the iron from brown to black and stores roasted aromas. These are responsible for giving the dishes the distinctive roasted taste that iron pans are known for.
6. Editor's recommendation: Buy pan cleaners for cast iron and iron online
- Petromax ring cleaner for cleaning cast and wrought iron
- Thanks to the large contact surface of the interlocking stainless steel rings, this specialist effectively cleans your cast and wrought iron without destroying the valuable patina. Leftovers and burnt-on foods don't stand a chance.
- Clean, no frills - material stainless steel
- Without detergent, of course - the ring cleaner is also good for the environment and your wallet. Then rinse the clean pot again properly. Before you stow the cookware, dry it carefully and apply some care paste. Rinse again after cleaning and dry well before storing, otherwise contact corrosion is possible.
More interesting articles
- If she ignores her misfiring
- What is a female ram
- Who do you love 2008 torrent
- How fast is 137 km h to mph
- How to Build a Shiatsu Bar
- India Chennai Almond Wholesale Price
- Who definition of mental health care
- Grzeszczyk damian adwokat wachowski
- How To Develop Mime Jr In Pearl
- What is New Wave Marketing Hermana
- What does SFX
- Progresso mussel soup recall
- Who Am I Film 2014 English Subtitles
- What is hand sanitizer for hospitals
- Use of the Z-axis setter Mitutoyo
- How to test a kokusan ignition coil
- Jon Bon Jovi rarely goes anywhere
- How to update tvarvc table lamps
- What are the characteristics of the public library
- Where do Korean actors' ideas hang from?
- Blueberry benefits of vitamin
- How to drink 247 capsule medicine
- What influenced neumatic notation
- Who is Anastasia Kemsky