What does the word stall
to falter (German)
Part of speech: idiomHyphenation:
- bumped into a stick
- IPA: [ɪns ˈʃtɔkŋ̍ ɡəˈʁaːtn̩]
- 1) fig. not making progress, not going any further (for example a development, a project, negotiations, the economy)
- 2) being unable to continue talking because one has lost the thread (for example during a presentation, speech, lecture)
- 1) wilt, stagnate, delay
- 1) [Federal Minister of Economics M. Glos (CSU) on February 1, 2007:] “The economic engine is running smoothly and will not be this year either stalled.“
- 1) The West African country [Ghana] has long been considered a model African state. But the positive development is stalled.
- 1) After the fall of the Wall, millions of Stasi files were torn up and put in sacks until they were finally destroyed. Citizens' movements were able to secure 16,000 of these sacks at the time. But the complex reconstruction is despite digitization stalled […]
- 2) I had to improvise when my papers fell to the floor. prompt got me with my presentation to falter.
- English: 1) stall grind to a halt
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„For the current year, the Federal Employment Agency expects a further reduction in unemployment, but that stalled could.“
stern.de, March 29, 2019
„On Saturday the tourist traffic on the A3 is in Hesse stalled Drivers had to plan more time between Raunheim and Kelsterbach.“
Day 24, July 20, 2019
„The hemlock water fennel has ensured that the planning for the deepening of the Elbe is meanwhile stalled was. But now it has started.“
NDR, July 23, 2019
„Negotiations were last stalled.“
DiePresse.com, May 06, 2019
„The unprecedented triumph of the smartphone is stalled.“
cash.ch, September 2nd, 2018
„SpVg Blau-Weiß 90 Berlin has hired a defensive player with experience in the regional league, whose career was recently a bit through training as a police officer stalled was.“
kicker, May 16, 2020
„National goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has confirmed that the contract talks with his club FC Barcelona stalled are.“
Transfermarkt.de, May 03, 2020
„Goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has confirmed in an Instagram interview that the contract negotiations with FC Barcelona stalled are.“
Spox, May 03, 2020
„Soccer goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen has confirmed that the contract negotiations with his club FC Barcelona stalled are.“
GMX, May 02, 2020
„The super-fast 5G generation of cell phones is in Switzerland stalled - not only because of resistance from parts of the population, but also because of delays in the federal administration.“
cash.ch, February 11, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Got stuck" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (17.5.2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/ins_Stocken_geraten/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term “stalled” and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
fall into the water (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: ins Was | serfall | len Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ɪns ˈvasɐ…
go into the water (German) Part of Speech: Idiom Hyphenation: Into the water Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ɪns ˈvasɐ…
to blow in the same horn (German) part of speech: idiom, part of speech: word combination syllable separation: blow into the same horn…
to share the same horn (German) Pushing into the same horn is a different spelling of pushing into the same horn, which is only used in the ...
to strike in the same horn (German) Part of speech: idiom Other spellings: Switzerland and Liechtenstein: go into the same horn ancillary forms: ...
to the same horn (German) part of speech: idiom secondary forms: blow into the same horn, hit the same horn hyphenation: ins ...
to jump into the cold water (German) part of speech: idiom Hyphenation: jump into the cold water Word meaning / definition: 1) ...
put in the right light (German) Part of speech: idiom Hyphenation: back in the right light Word meaning / definition: 1) something like that ...
insalata (Italian) part of speech: noun, (feminine) cases: singular insalata, plural word meaning / definition: 1) Salat ...
- Kenaf production in Ghana which language
- Beyaz birth control of when to start pumping
- What does capped mean in netball
- How to hand over igcse history paper 4
- WhatsApp for Lava D136 tile
- Icono de whatsapp dorado azul
- Celebrities who play Dota 2
- Where does Sherry Middaugh live mixtapes come from
- Hubert Wargny Voile fabric wholesale
- Black celebrities practicing yoga studio
- How to make an Imperial Guard camouflage net
- How to set the time on bulova 98c30
- How many people will 1 watermelon serve
- Mullet sightings Howard Park Tarpon Springs fl
- Trigger point when throwing a baseball
- I will get married if I want to
- Low carb signs of whoosh effect
- Jaysan the man who sold
- Yoco Wholesale Malaysia 2016
- What does Pehea Oe mean in Hawaii
- GW2 what is effect iodine
- What is Lokasamgraha explained
- When did Dom and Letty get married
- Who counters nasus lol
- Kholanis Tolichowki buffet restaurant
- What is a surrogate brother
- Ashley Gibbons whole foods
- What does aggrieved person mean?
- Block craft 3d how to get animals
- What do rim offset numbers mean
- Transports impossible Descargar WhatsApp
- What does 103m3
- What causes chin genetics to decline