How to get rid of a girl's pain
How to get rid of a nose piercing bump
After getting a nose ring, a bump may appear around the area of the piercing. Why is it happening and what can be done to get rid of it?
A number of different things can cause a nose piercing belly, including infections and allergic reactions.
There are several simple ways to reduce the swelling and heal a piercing, which should help the bump go away.
What causes a nose piercing bump?
An increased area around the piercing can be caused by:
- Tissue damage - when the piercing is tapped or removed too early
- Infection - when the piercing is done in unsanitary conditions or is not kept clean
- an allergic reaction to the jewelry
- trapped fluid that creates a lump or bump
- a keloid, a kind of raised scar
- a granuloma, which is inflamed tissue that usually appears as a raised, reddish patch
Keloids are relatively rare and should be diagnosed and treated by a doctor or dermatologist.
A keloid around a piercing appears as a round, raised bump that is darker than the surrounding skin. It may cause pain, itching, or tenderness, and it is firm to the touch.
A granuloma can form when the body's immune system tries to fight off something it thinks could harm the body. Usually these are bacteria or a virus that can cause infection, but it can also be a reaction to the jewelry itself.
In sanitary conditions, if a person has pierced their nose and follows proper follow-up care recommendations, they should heal without a bump. A nose piercing can take 4 to 6 months to heal and needs to be cleaned regularly during this time.
Five ways to get rid of a nose piercing belly
The best way to get rid of a nose piercing belly depends on what is causing it. Read on to learn about home remedies that can help.
Use appropriate follow-up care
Proper aftercare should prevent tissue damage or infection that could cause a bump. The piercer should advise on how to take care of a piercing, which usually means regular cleaning.
Tips for caring for a nose piercing include:
- Clean the area with a saline solution twice a day
- do not remove jewelry until a nose piercing has healed, which can take 4-6 months
- Avoid moving jewelry, playing with it, or poking the piercing while you are getting dressed
- Covering the nose piercing with a waterproof bandage while swimming to prevent contact with bacteria in the water
- do not use lotions, cosmetics, or hair products near the piercing
Use hypoallergenic jewelry
Some people are allergic to certain metals, usually nickel or an alloy that is a mixture of one metal and another element. If you have a red itchy rash or the piercing hurts for a long time, it may be an allergy.
If jewelry causes an allergic reaction, it should be replaced with hypoallergenic jewelry that does not react with the body.
Reputable piercers should use jewelry made from a suitable material such as surgical steel or titanium.
Use a sea salt solution
A sea salt solution is a natural way to keep the piercing clean, heal it, and reduce swelling that can cause an unsightly bump.
A person can dissolve ¼ to ¼ teaspoon of sea salt in 1 cup of warm distilled or bottled water, rinse the piercing with the solution, and then gently pat dry. People should wash their hands thoroughly beforehand to reduce the risk of infection.
Try tea tree oil
Some piercers recommend using tea tree oil to dry out and shrink a piercing bump. While there are few studies on the effectiveness of tea tree oil, it is safe for most people to work directly in the field.
If you are looking to buy tea tree oil then there are excellent choices online with thousands of customer reviews.
Apply a warm compress
Fluid trapped under the skin can cause a bump, but heat and pressure help it gradually drain away.
A simple warm water compress can be made by dipping a clean washcloth in hot water, applying it to the piercing, and holding it with gentle pressure for a few minutes.
A person shouldn't try to force the bump to drain as it can cause further irritation and scarring.
Preventing a bump
The main causes of nose piercing bumps are infection or tissue damage, both of which can usually be easily avoided.
Going to a reputable piercing studio will ensure that a nose piercing is performed in a hygienic manner by an experienced professional who can safely stab and avoid infection.
The Association of Professional Piercers has a directory that lists member organizations dedicated to helping people find a piercer they can trust.
A person should keep the piercing clean by washing their hands before touching the area, rinsing twice a day with a saline or sea salt solution, and changing sheets and pillowcases regularly.
Whenever possible, people should avoid tapping, twisting, or moving the nose piercing and be sure not to remove the jewelry until it has fully healed as this can cause tissue damage.
When to see a doctor or piercer
Some inflammation and irritation are common after a nose piercing, but these symptoms should improve within a week.
If there is no improvement after 2 weeks, a person should go back to the piercer for advice and verify that they are giving the piercing proper aftercare.
However, some symptoms should be checked by a doctor. These include:
- an uncomfortable amount of pain
- a throbbing or burning sensation, redness, or heat that could indicate an infection
- a significant amount of discharge from the piercing, especially if it is gray, green, yellow, or has a bad odor
- Fever, dizziness, confusion, or nausea
A person should not remove the jewelry in the months after the piercing, as the hole can close and infection can spread under the skin.
Maintaining a nose piercing and keeping it clean is straightforward and should help prevent a bump around the piercing.
If a nose piercing bump occurs, changing jewelry, applying tea tree oil, or using a warm water compress can help.
We've selected the linked items based on the quality of the products, and listed the pros and cons of each product to help you determine which will work best for you. We work with some of the companies that sell these products, which means that Healthline UK and our partners will receive a portion of the revenue when you make a purchase through one or more of the links above.
- Who makes Grand Travertino porcelain tiles
- Who is New York Mabel Humphrey Illustrator
- How to Plant Potatoes in Minecraft Xbox
- Which two numbers correspond to 220 expansion
- What afi rules from 1800
- Olive oil bread dipping plates wholesale
- How to find atmakaraka and amatyakaraka mars
- Who speaks for wolf pdf free
- How to find the command for the router's IP address
- Full body picture for cabin crew
- What is Mobile IP Ppt Background
- What does atw mean in prison?
- What to shop in cancun
- When was Nancy Jaax reborn
- Gopastami in 1984 what is the two
- Pushd command in Ubuntu how to install
- 162 cm snowboard how big is New Year's Eve
- How to make dread extensions yourself
- Zach and flo where are they now
- What does stately woman mean by man
- Landscaping company in Victorville Ca that takes
- How to cook sang nyuk mian
- How to get Skara the Drachenhueter
- Bella Thorne calls it whatever Tumblr Gif
- Poojitha chowdary renuka chaudhary
- What does otp ship mean
- My body trembles when I bend over
- Iommi Gillan who takes care of memes
- What does ya ibn el kalb mean
- Man who memorized the whole Bible
- Who owns Sentrim Hotels
- How to clarify upsc without training football
- What is the top speed of a horse