How to fall asleep quickly
Fall asleep quickly: 8 useful tips to help you fall asleep quickly
You lie in bed for 30-60 minutes with your eyes open and cannot fall asleep? Then you should get to the bottom of the cause, as it can damage your body in the long term.
Special breathing techniques have been developed to make it easier for you to fall asleep. Not having to check Instagram and Facebook messages at night can also help you sleep better and faster.
You now want to know what causes and symptoms of insomnia are? And how can you go back to sleep faster? Then this guide is the right place for you with us.
the essentials in brief
- Problems falling asleep can be caused by allergies or the use of electronic devices in the bedroom. Consuming alcohol or caffeine late in the afternoon can also contribute to sleep problems.
- The 4-7-8 breathing technique helps you to fall asleep extremely quickly within a minute through targeted breathing exercises. However, this only works if you use it regularly.
- Furthermore, with the military technology you can accelerate your speed of falling asleep within two minutes. This is used successfully for soldiers with sleep problems due to experiences or fatigue.
What is sleep
Sleep is one of the most human things there is. We need to sleep so that the body can recover and recharge its batteries for the next day. During sleep, the impressions of the entire day are also processed in the subconscious.
Sleep deprivation noticeably reduces the quality of life and can subsequently lead to illness and in extreme cases to death.
Sleep is usually seen as a natural process until sleep disorders occur. Then we become aware of how important this is for overall physical well-being.
Background: What you should know about falling asleep quickly
If you can't fall asleep quickly, you can use your eyes optimally as sleep assistants.
With a lot of practice and regular implementation, you can fall asleep within a minute or two. The 4-7-8 breathing technique, but also the military technique, will help you.
What are the causes of problems falling asleep?
The following table should list the reasons and causes that can make it difficult for you to fall asleep:
|Allergies||You can use a saline nasal spray to moisten your mucous membranes. If you have a pollen allergy, it is best to close the windows.|
|Use of electronic devices||The blue light from electronic devices makes your body think it's day. This has a massive impact on falling asleep quickly.|
|Having too many thoughts before bed||Before you go to sleep, don't think about what you did wrong during the day or what things you have to do tomorrow. Write everything down on a pad to help you fall asleep stress-free.|
|Not enough time for yourself||Try not to be too perfectionist in everyday life. Let other family members take out the trash or put some groceries in the fridge too, and don't do everything alone.|
|alcohol||Alcohol reduces the quality of sleep. Avoid the glass of red wine for dinner and replace it with milk with honey or chamomile tea.|
|caffeine||Depending on how sensitive you are to caffeine, you should avoid caffeinated drinks like RedBull or coffee after 3pm.|
|stress||Before going to bed, switch off and meditate. If you have severe problems falling asleep, you can remedy the situation with professional hypnosis.|
|Muscle tension||The comforting warmth of a warm bath can relieve muscle tension. Specific gymnastics exercises are also useful if your muscles are tense.|
|Wrong room temperature||Warm blankets and radiators help in winter. In the summer months you can open your balcony door and install an air conditioner in the room.|
|Uncomfortable bedroom||Tidy up your room, keep it clean and don't miss out on beautiful decorative items.|
|Too little exercise||Too little exercise can leave you with too much energy for a good night's sleep. Exercise is not only extremely healthy for your body, it also helps you to be really exhausted.|
|Anxiety attacks||If you are afraid of burglars, you can get information about how you can secure your home from special advice centers. Cordless LED cabinet lights are a good start to deter burglars.|
|Unpleasant smell||Don't fill your bedroom with scented candles that have a strong odor. These could disturb your sleep. Better to ventilate properly to avoid unpleasant smells.|
|Vacation / unfamiliar surroundings||Many people cannot sleep well in unfamiliar surroundings and in a new or unfamiliar room. You can help if you take small accessories from home that give you a sense of home.|
|Organ problems||If you have organ problems that affect your sleep, you should see a doctor who will then refer you to a sleep laboratory. There your sleep will be analyzed by experts under laboratory conditions.|
How can you fall asleep quickly if you are not tired?
You can do yours Eyes as sleep assistants to use:
- Go to bed
- Blink quickly a few times.
- Now open your eyes for a split second.
- Repeat this process until you get tired.
Another task would be seen with closed eyes try. While this task is impossible, it is precisely the impossibility that requires such high concentration that your body becomes incredibly tired.
You can also use yours own imagination use to make it easier for you to fall asleep. Imagine everyday things like books or cars and gradually refine the details more and more.
By visualizing the many details, your subconscious becomes tired from the overexertion.
Is it possible to fall asleep at the push of a button?
You will likely fall asleep faster on physically demanding days. If you had a lot of stress during the day, it will keep you awake a few minutes longer than the original 15.
With a lot of practice, the 4-7-8 breathing technique will allow you to fall asleep for under a minute after a while. You can find out more about this in the trivia.
What to do to fall asleep quickly: 8 tips that work
Before you go to bed, it is important that you stop using your cell phone and while you watch the last Netflix episode of your favorite season. All of these can massively affect your sleep speed.
For example, drink chamomile tea before you go to sleep to calm your nerves.
Avoid smartphones, tablets and the like
In order to fall asleep quickly, it is particularly important that you avoid using your cell phone, tablet or PC before falling asleep. It's best to put it outside of your bedroom and not next to your bed by the nightstand.
Since electronic devices emit blue light, the quality of your sleep is massively affected. The blue light makes your body and your subconscious think that it is day.
The production of the important sleep hormone melatonin is reduced and you cannot fall asleep for a long period of time.
Reading on the e-reader is also one of these activities that you should avoid before going to bed.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- It would be most effective if you remove all types of electronic devices from the bedroom.
- Do not check messages etc. for an hour before going to bed.
- If you can't do without your cell phone before going to bed, special glasses with amber-colored lenses can help. Your retina will not absorb the light through the glasses with blue light protection.
You should avoid caffeine and alcohol right before bed. Stress can also contribute to the fact that you fall asleep poorly and slowly.
You might think that having a glass of red wine at dinner makes you sleep better. However, alcohol has the opposite effect, as sleep phases are mixed up.
You wake up the next day completely devastated and sleepless.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- Drink almond milk or cow's milk with a little honey. The calcium contained in milk stimulates the production of melatonin and thus lets you fall asleep faster.
- Instead of alcohol, use chamomile tea, this drink has a calming effect on the nervous system due to the ingredient apigenin.
Most of the time, watching the new Netflix episode is combined with checking Instagram posts. Before you go to sleep, however, this is counterproductive as your brain can barely switch off.
You are constantly thinking about how the next episode will go on or what is currently being published on Facebook or Instagram.
Your subconscious can hardly come to rest and sinks into thoughts. The fear of missing out on something makes you totally nervous and won't let you fall asleep.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- Do not live in the world of social media, but move in the fresh air and participate in normal life.
- Get to know people without a photo shop and give your cell phone away when meeting friends.
Avoid meditating, hypnosis and stress
Once you've removed your smartphone and other electronic devices from your bedroom, you should fall asleep quickly without worrying.
Do not stress yourself for a while before going to bed, otherwise you will be too agitated and your subconscious will not be able to calm down.
Don't think about what you have to do tomorrow, which answer would have been more appropriate in today's argument with your best friend, or how many hours your alarm clock will go off.
If you have worse sleep disorders and have trouble falling asleep, hypnosis from a specialist can help. This accesses your subconscious and does not treat the symptoms of your problem, but the roots and causes.
Hypnosis therapy can help you with long-term elimination of sleep problems.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- You can meditate before bed. Meditation exercises are easy to do yourself and can be learned via YouTube, for example.
- Quiet songs have a similar calming effect on you. You can listen to soft music to help you fall asleep with headphones.
- Write down all the things you need to do the next day on a pad. So you don't have to remember anything overnight and don't worry.
Here is a meditation video for you to fall asleep faster:
Caffeine does not have a bad effect on sleep quality in the evening for everyone. However, many people should no longer use caffeinated drinks such as coffee, cola or Red Bull after 3 p.m., as these keep them awake.
You can test for yourself whether or not your body is sensitive to caffeine due to a genetic predisposition.
To do this, simply don't drink any of these drinks for a long time after 3:00 p.m. and watch how they affect your sleep.
View this post on Instagram
Coffee. I know a sensitive subject. Personally, I see coffee as something not entirely uncritical, even if moderate coffee consumption can be in harmony with a healthy lifestyle. Caffeine stimulates the release of the stress hormones cortisol and adrenaline. And I think quite simply that we are stressed enough in our world today. At least most of them. Because even the normal daily routine means more stress today than ever before. Our normal today is a constantly high level of adrenaline. Every bad news in the media stresses us, life against our biorhythm, against the seasonal rhythm, our 9 to 5 job, as a mother alone with small children at home, sitting in front of the screen, the malnutrition stresses our cells (need for survival) and we lie down there at night and think about how we can cope with all of this. Once under adrenaline, it becomes an addiction. It feels alive and so we like to grab coffee to feel alive (= in a good mood). The consequences of constantly increasing adrenaline levels are severe, I read a little bit about it. You are not surprised when I say that I find living food a little more useful. ? It certainly makes even more sense to lead a life that is so less stressful that the coffee can no longer harm us. ?? Since the coffee aroma is really delicious, in our latest blog article I present you a great way to bring real coffee taste into dishes - I really love that every now and then! ? PS: I don't drink coffee, I prefer East Frisian tea! ?? #nordish raw #coffee substitute #teaestattkaffee
A post shared by Ute Ludwig (@nordischroh) on
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- Instead of coffee or cola, drink water, herbal teas or milk.
Home remedies and medicines
Take melatonin, which is naturally produced in the body and released in large amounts into the bloodstream at night. By taking the supplement, you increase the level of melatonin in the blood.
Note: It is safe to take melatonin for a few weeks. However, the safety of long-term use has not been confirmed. Please consult your doctor about this.
Another dietary supplement is valerian. Due to the slightly calming effect of the agent, you can fall asleep faster and better.
However, clarify this with your doctor before taking it.
As a home remedy, you can take warm drinks before going to sleep, such as chamomile tea (other herbal teas are also possible) or milk with a little honey. The glass of warm milk can help your body produce melatonin.
It is important that the bedroom is at the optimal temperature. It should neither be too hot in summer nor too cold in winter.
Everyone knows this situation: You almost fell asleep, but suddenly you feel too cold or too hot. Now you have to get up again to turn your radiator on or off. Then you are wide awake again.
The optimal temperature in the bedroom should be between 16 and 20 ° C.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- Get heating thermostats with automatic temperature control. You no longer have to worry about the right heat or cold yourself.
- Equip your bedroom with a climate for the summer months. If necessary, you can also tilt your bedroom window or open the balcony door.
- For the winter months, it would be advisable to get a thermal blanket that can be heated with electricity.
- In the summer it is better for couples to use separate blankets for sleeping. It gets too hot in a blanket and you cannot sleep optimally.
You should be aware that the appearance of your bedroom carries over into your dreams. Cleanliness, order and an appealing room design with beautiful wall paint are decisive factors for the quality of sleep.
Stacked baskets filled with dirty laundry, an open box, a cluttered desk with paperwork and the dusty bedside table will not contribute to a good comfort in your bedroom.
How to Fall Asleep Quickly:
- Put your clean laundry in the box and close the box door.
- It is best to put the dirty laundry in the laundry basket in the laundry room. You can still edit these on the following day.
- Organize your paperwork and books neatly on a shelf.
- Vacuum the floor and remove cobwebs or dust with a feather duster.
- Finally, you can color a room wall in the wall colors that are optimal for you for your bedroom.
Trivia: What else you should know about falling asleep quickly
How can children and babies fall asleep faster?
Here we have the best tips for falling asleep for your baby or toddler:
- Tip 1: Calming through exercise makes your child fall asleep faster. You can rock your baby slowly in a baby hammock or cradle or carry it in your arms.
- Tip 2: Especially very hectic babies who wave their arms and legs can relax better when they do so wrapped in a cloth become.
- Tip 3: Some babies and children can get through aBackground noise sleep very well.Be it the noise of a vacuum cleaner, a washing machine in the spin cycle, a hair dryer or a hum - all of these noises can help, as long as they are consistent.
- Tip 4: You can also let your child through Food towels and pacifiers calm down.
- Tip 5: If your child's day is calm, it will also be the same in the evening. Therefore it is suitable for your child taking a nap during the day close.
- Tip 6: the Closeness to parents calms the baby down. Therefore, do not let your baby sleep alone, but either use an extra bed, a bassinet right next to the marriage bed or generally let your child sleep in the family bed.
What is the 4-7-8 breathing technique?
Through targeted and conscious breathing, you can accelerate the process of falling asleep quickly. The 4-7-8 breathing technique helps you to relax quickly.
The 4-7-8 breathing technique is based on maintaining a certain rhythm while breathing. With a lot of practice, you can fall asleep in under a minute. It is particularly important that you use the technique regularly.
Note: The advantage of this breathing technique is that stress and thoughts fly away within a very short time.
With the following instructions and a lot of practice, this technique will make it easier for you to fall asleep:
- Inhale deeply through your nose and count to four.
- Now you hold your breath and count to seven.
- Count to eight as you breathe out forcefully through your mouth.
In the following video you will learn interesting facts and the correct execution of the 4-7-8 breathing technique:
Not only can you use this breathing technique to fall asleep quickly, but it can also help you relax in stressful situations.
How to fall asleep quickly in the heat?
If it is particularly hot at night and you do not have air conditioning in the bedroom, you should take special care to drink enough before going to bed - about 1-2 glasses.
Loss of fluid at night through sweating leads to restless sleep. You wake up unnecessarily several times and do not enter the deep sleep phase.
In addition, heat always flows upwards, so try to sleep as deeply as possible. In extreme heat, move your sleeping place to the living room or even the basement, for example.
Ice socks can also help. To do this, you put a pair of thinner socks in the freezer. You then put these on at night so that they can help you fall asleep.
What techniques does the military use to get to sleep quickly?
Military technique is an extremely effective technique that will make it easier for you to fall asleep. Since soldiers often reach their physical and mental limits, scientists from the U.S. Navy developed a method that would make fighters fall asleep within two minutes.
Lack of sleep and fatigue can lead to fatal wrong decisions in wars. Soldiers can no longer get adequate sleep due to overwork or things they see.
Follow the instructions below:
|Looking for the most comfortable place possible||Since pilots had to sleep upright in a chair, the trick should be able to be used anywhere in any place, as long as it is comfortable. So bring yourself to a place to sit, lean or lie down.|
|It starts with the face||Relax your face completely, close your eyes, and breathe deeply in and out. Relax all of the facial muscles.|
|Relaxation of the upper body||Lower your shoulders, the neck area should feel completely still. Then you let both arms hang down, they should feel completely numb and motionless.|
|Put your legs down||Direct all sensations towards the right thigh. If this already feels motionless, move on to the lower leg, then to the ankle. Now do the same with your left foot.|
|Turn off your head||After you have come to rest physically, it is also important to switch off your thoughts. 10 seconds of absent-mindedness should be enough.|
If you do without caffeine in the form of coffee, cola, energy drinks, etc. after 3:00 p.m., you can accelerate the process of falling asleep.
Avoiding meals that are either heavy in the stomach or that are eaten just before bed can also help you fall asleep.
Right before going to sleep, you should refrain from exercising of any kind, as your body is too agitated and energetic. You cannot fall asleep quickly.
Turn off the TV and put your cell phone in front of the bedroom door. The blue light from these devices cannot disturb your sleep. Yoga exercises will also help you improve the quality of your sleep.
Further reading: sources and interesting links
Image source: 123rf.com / 81112233
Why can you trust me
- Dr. Alban Look speaking remix comps
- Save url rewrite program squid3 Howto
- Mantou breadsticks wholesale and retail
- How did Patrick de Gayardon die
- 35000 a year is how much biweekly
- What is the subxiphoid area
- Ban X King Lemons Fanfiction Where Naruto
- How do two-stage hydraulic pumps work
- What does scanner IPM
- What is chipolata pudding
- In steins gate who is darus woman
- Pringle South Africa clothing wholesaler
- Eisenhower silver dollar 1776 to 1976 glass
- Guys, where is my car Zoltan Dienes
- Who claps for you madsen
- Who is Emmanuel III victor
- Git appendix wizard how to basic face
- Howard Berg Speed вЂ ‹вЂ‹ Reading Workbook
- Howard strict mother and daughter
- God Chooses Who He Uses Amazing Texts
- Minecraft Rcon web interface whole child
- Dominos Samrala Chowk Ludhiana Punjab
- How to run fsck in rescue mode
- Billy Joel on Howard Heck Audio
- Wall Factory Outlet clothing wholesale
- Daniel Cho Kwong Chow
- What does delta symbol mean in science
- What does the brand respond to at level 414
- Everywhere I go new political meanings
- How to use dclgen in cobol programmer
- How To Make Fake Baby Poop
- Annette Howard ms institute texas
- My little pony when you're angry hmv