What is bicubic downsampling indesign
Downsampling: Explanation and Instructions for Better Graphics
Downsampling is a method with which you can improve the graphics in games by setting a higher resolution than the game actually intended. In the following guide we explain how downsampling works exactly and what advantages it offers. Then we will show you how to activate downsampling on your graphics card.
Downsampling - what is it exactly?
Downsampling is based on a simple trick: the technology enables the graphics card to calculate a higher resolution internally, but to scale the final image back down to the resolution of the monitor. With the help of downsampling you can, for example, play a game in a “virtual” resolution of 4K, but display the image on a standard monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080. This gives you all the advantages of a higher resolution - even with games that actually do not support it. Also read the guide on 4K: What is 4K? Easily and clearly explained.
Downsampling - What are the Benefits?
Downsampling is mainly intended for games, although theoretically you can also "downsample" your Windows desktop without buying an expensive 4K monitor. The main advantages of downsampling are the significantly sharper and more balanced representation. Downsampling offers you:
- Better anti-aliasing, especially for games that don't support MSAA or SSAA. If you can't do anything with these abbreviations, the best thing to do is to take a look at the video guide Quick and Easy: Anti-Aliasing Explained.
- Reduced mip-mapping effect: textures in the distance are displayed better.
- Higher level of detail of objects and models thanks to a higher number of polygons
- Overall calmer picture
How do you enable downsampling?
That depends on the graphics card. Until some time ago you still needed special tools to activate downsampling, but now both Nvidia and AMD offer native solutions. At Nvidia, the technology is called Nvidia DSR. You can find all information about this in the guide Nvidia DSR: What is it and what does it bring?
AMD has supported downsampling since the introduction of the Omega Catalyst drivers and calls the technology VSR (Virtual Super Resolution). You activate it as follows:
- You can find the option in the Catalyst Control Center under the menu item properties (see screenshot below).
- First check the option Enable GPU downscaling.
- The new resolutions can then be found in the graphics menu of the respective games. Simply select the desired resolution - VSR automatically scales it down to the native resolution of the display.
VSR is currently supported by the following Radeon graphics cards:
- Radeon R9 285
- Radeon R9 290
- Radeon R9 290X
- Radeon R9 295X2
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- What does Seme and Uke mean
- Seminar Duchowne Plock Alumni
- Whole wheat pizza dough Walmart Money
- Who were the native people of Australia
- What does Jolokia
- Siv goalie in hockey, what icing does
- How to Get Green Book from Niosh
- Bedok Hawker Center hungry here
- How to make small helicopter fan blades
- How it works bbc four exta
- Bornholmer Strasse Christian Schwochow family tree
- Scooby doo where my mom are in english subtitles
- How tall is Stephen Curry actor
- How to roast macadamia nuts in the microwave
- What is an acetal bond
- What does slanging drugs
- Where does pfsense store packages for Disney
- Who is Tom Parsons in 1984
- Philippe Parreno dolls that kill
- What is Nico Hiraga Snapchat
- Liz Memet on Howard
- What is kcsp charge
- What is 13 Ethyl 3-Methoxy Gona 2
- 2 quarters how many cups
- How to make a custom mlp plush
- Raj Express mhow news
- What is a car key party
- Gas amine glass is hot when switched off
- How to unsubscribe from postal junk mail
- How to reset the Digistream box
- Where was the film Colorado Territory filmed
- What happened to McNugget Rampage Lady
- Was HiFi awards 2008 democratic elementary school
- How is Laura story husband