Play on words meaning with example what segmentation is
The term segmentation is understood to mean the Breakdown of e.g. data or groups of people into smaller homogeneous segments, which are as heterogeneous as possible. The collected data within a segmentation help to better understand certain segments such as website visitors and to make appropriate optimizations on the website or mobile apps. In the economy as well as in marketing, the segmentation of the market and the target group occupies a central position, since consumption and buying behavior differ depending on the group of people and only because of this the targeted focus on the market and customers is possible. The prerequisite for successful segmentation is extensive knowledge of potential new and existing customers.
Table of Contents
Examples of different types of segmentation
- geographically: Countries, cities, areas, streets, zip codes
- politically: Party system
- socio-demographic (B2C): Gender, age, income, level of education, married, children
- psychographic (B2C): Personality, attitudes, lifestyle, beliefs
- socio-demographic (B2B): Industry, company size, competitive situation, responsibility within the company
- psychographic (B2B): Corporate culture and philosophy, market presence, urgency
- Behavioral traits: Information and shopping behavior, media use, price orientation
Advantages in segmenting target groups and customers
In order to better understand and differentiate between target groups, market researchers have developed various models that are intended to show how individual customer groups differ from one another. This is primarily about psychographic characteristics, since the results from the corresponding analyzes can be used to draw conclusions afterwards that help to position new brands, plan products and test the effect on the target group, the potential of the market and the To calculate sales, to optimize advertising, to support the area of media planning and to be able to recognize new trends in good time.
- Sinus milieu: Society and target group typology groups people who are the same in their view of life and way of life.
- Semiometric model: Mainly addresses the psychographic characteristics of people. For this purpose, certain terms are assigned values and characterized. The respondents are then asked to indicate how emotionally connected they feel to the term. Groups can then be formed using the value patterns.
- Roper consumer styles: This model assumes that consumers cannot be adequately described by socio-demographic characteristics and uses psychographic characteristics to derive different segments from them.
- Limbic map: The term limbic map comes from brain research and describes the limbic system in the brain. This method is based on the assumption that people mainly make certain decisions unconsciously and for emotional reasons. In addition to the physiological / existential needs such as food, sleep and breathing, the three motive and emotion systems balance, dominance and stimulation are decisive. The target groups can later be created using an emotion system and assigned to a segment.
The importance of segmentation for online marketing
In online marketing there are many ways to address your target group and get in contact with them: E-mails, banner advertising, high-quality content, dialogue marketing, social media marketing or influencers are just a few examples. However, not every customer group reacts in the same way to advertising and there are usually one or more contact points that need to be found out. In the B2B area, for example, there is a significantly greater need for information and advice from the target group, and trust in the company plays a greater role. In B2C, it is mainly the younger generations who like to be on social networks and use their smartphones. The focus here is on innovative and exciting content, videos and images. Older people, for whom the technology behind smartphones still seems too complicated, use their desktop PCs more often. All of these factors must be considered and evaluated before relevant advertising is placed online. User segmentation helps to analyze where the target group is, which motivations and interests they are pursuing and which instruments can be used to reach them.
- Lido marinozzi in kuwait how is doctor
- What is PMS color code
- Iruna whole map of the ancient world
- How To Use Pneumatic Servo Minecraft
- Rovina watches prices in Qatar like women do
- What does the unavailability of the accused mean
- How much do 5sos Soundcheck tickets cost
- Borderlands 2 Whoops give Herbert his present
- Symbolic of what the little girl represents
- What does MPA stand for in politics
- What does Enta Habibi
- How to Find a Fully Qualified Name
- How to check the sample rate of audio files
- What does Hagane No Kokoro Heart mean
- Dni Andrychowa 2012 concert
- What does mata ahoo hima de
- Howard sectional sofa sku 1015d9935kit
- How to install xatab fallout 4
- What does loveless fascination mean?
- How to lighten dark groin area
- Sarvodaya vidyalaya sharda niketan near deepali chowk
- Howard Johnson Plaza Miami Airport Tripadvisor Paris
- Pan India Basis means what
- Who did Naomi Mayers marry me Jason
- Myometrium is a somewhat heterogeneous echo texture
- What is a first declension noun
- What is oestriolcreme bp
- How we do it sonny fodera jahkoy
- Ww2 poem for a child who has lost its father
- How old is esther lima model
- Alfred Tarski What are logical terms Crossword puzzles
- Whoer anonymizer surf anonymously