How to demagnetize a magnetic material
Magnetize / demagnetize
We will deal with magnetizing and demagnetizing in this article. Summary of the content:
- A Explanationwhat magnetizing and demagnetizing means.
- Some Examples to this topic.
- tasks / Exercises on the subject of magnetism.
- A Video, which deals with magnetizing and demagnetizing.
- A Question and answer area around this topic
This article is part of our electrical engineering course "From the basics of electrical engineering in 5th grade to becoming an engineer".
Explanation of magnetizing / demagnetizing
Magnets can only be made from ferromagnetic materials. Ferromagnetic substances? So what is that? Well, that includes the elements iron, nickel and cobalt. These have very specific properties. There are many "mini magnets" in these, which are also called Elementary magnets designated.
Now it depends on how these elementary magnets are aligned. If the elementary magnets are disordered, there is no external magnetic effect (demagnetized). If we align the elementary magnets, we have an outward magnetic effect (magnetized). Let's see how to magnetize and demagnetize.
How can one - for example iron - magnetize? The elementary magnets must be aligned. This can be achieved by:
- The elementary magnets can be aligned with another magnet.
- In other words: the elementary magnets can be aligned by an external magnetic field.
How can one now perform a demagnetization? To do this, the alignment of the elementary particles must be reversed, i.e. they must get out of order.
- This is possible by heating.
- The elementary particles are also disordered by shaking - letting them fall down (several times) is often enough.
- Materials are also demagnetized by a strong alternating magnetic field, which then gradually fades away. This results in a reversal of magnetization, with the strength of the magnetization decreasing further and further.
We have now got to know magnetization and demagnetization. In the next section we will look at typical tasks on this topic.Display:
Examples of magnetization / demagnetization
In this area we look at typical tasks and exercises for magnetizing and demagnetizing, as they are often done in school.
An iron nail is brought near a permanent magnet. Why does it then behave as if it were a magnet itself?
Solution: The magnetic field of the permanent magnet ensures that the elementary magnets align in the iron nail. Now that these "mini magnets" are aligned, the iron nail itself becomes a magnet.
How can I magnetize a nail made of iron? Describe the process.
Solution: In addition to the iron nail, you also need a magnet. With this you stroke several times in the same Direction over the nail. This aligns the elementary particles.
A student drops a magnet in a physics class. The magnet hits the floor. What happens to the magnet?
Solution: The magnet has probably lost strength. The reason for this is that at least some of the elementary magnets have lost their order due to the shock. If this happens several times, the magnet continues to lose strength. Of course, this depends on the strength of the shock.
Tasks / exercises magnetismShow:
Video magnetize / demagnetize
Explanation of magnetism
In this video we will cover how to magnetize and how to demagnetize. Corresponding possibilities for this are presented and explained. The basics of magnetism can be learned with it.
Next video »
Questions with answers about magnetizing
This section deals with typical questions with answers about magnetizing and demagnetizing.
Q: What topics are there to learn about magnets / magnetism?
A: We've covered magnetizing and demagnetizing here. Here is a list of the absolute basic articles we still have around this topic:
- What does it mean to feel somehow
- Aftab saleem everything everywhere ltd
- How tall is Big Nick
- How to activate 5 kd zain internet
- How to Draw a Map with Microsoft Word
- What Causes Hypopigmentation After Laser Hair Removal
- How technology affects teenagers
- Alisha biehn joyner who is she
- How to change the globrush battery
- 617 strong what does that mean
- Mybb additional user group pictures for WhatsApp
- Thomas pritzker where does he live
- Vivaro Clutch does not jerk when it is cold
- Smart Collection Perfume Wholesale Dubai
- How much does a guardrail weigh by weight
- Five little owls learn to tell who
- What is Silomat dmp
- How is the transport connected with physical experiments?
- How to Make Tacos de Cueritos Curtidos
- How to set campaign hat acorns
- Where is Russia Ohio
- How to set automatically closing doors for sale
- Body massagers in Karachi, how to lift
- What is a Perfect Apgar Score
- Zach and flo where are they now
- Jupiter sr 53g is how many cups
- Where's Wally Rubik's dice solution
- What is aashto soil classification table
- Mary mccarthy esquire howard co. md
- Who said you uncultivated pigs
- How to decorate around blue kitchen countertops
- Geo blocked iPhone how to unlock
- How to lighten Xrefs in Autocad