What does a house from 1950 look like
The post-war period - simple construction and scarce material
The buildings from the 1950s were created at a time when everything was scarce - including the material. These often unsightly buildings are characterized by a simple construction method and the most economical use of structural elements. In particular, the heat and sound insulation is inadequate due to the small wall cross-sections, other components are also minimally dimensioned and today hardly meet the requirements in terms of energy saving or statics.
Correspondingly, many components have to be reinforced during a renovation. The construction method is good: in these houses, significantly fewer pollutants are used than in buildings erected later.
The main thing is cheap - minimal designs from the 1950s
Whether as a typical residential building or as an apartment building in an inner-city area, the house from the 1950s was built with minimal effort. This can be seen not only in the tightly dimensioned outer walls with small windows, but also in the inner construction. The floor slabs are often already designed as reinforced concrete slabs and covered with composite screed.
At that time, however, nobody thought about soundproofing. Chemical wood protection was used in the roof trusses, which were also small, and individual stoves were used for heating. Single glazed windows made of softwood and unadorned interior walls and facades are also part of this type of old building. Thermal bridges within the construction are the order of the day, so balcony slabs are usually not thermally separated.
Basically everything has to be refurbished, in particular the improvement of thermal and sound insulation as part of a comprehensive energetic facade renovation is of great importance.
In many cases, the following modernization work is also pending:
- Rehabilitation of moisture damage in the basement and plinth area
- Renovation or replacement of the balconies, renovation is often difficult because the concrete cantilever arms of the balcony slabs are not thermally separated.
- Renewal of building services in the area of heating systems, electrical installations and sanitary installations
- Installation of footfall and airborne noise protection in the storey ceilings and on the stairs
- Renewal of the roofing and reinforcement of the roof structure, installation of insulation and sealing levels
- Renewal of the chimney heads
Simple architecture with charm
In many cases, the floor plans of the houses from the 1950s do not meet today's requirements for living quality. Mainly in terms of generosity, there are often narrow limits in the truest sense of the word. Far-reaching changes are often necessary here in order to meet today's standards and needs. As a rule, the apartments have small bathrooms and kitchens.
The energetic renovation in the 1950s house
In the 1950s, energy was cheap - in contrast to expensive materials. That is why extensive measures are required today for the energetic renovation of these houses, which upgrade the thermal insulation as well as the sound insulation. External walls with an average thickness of 24 cm require a thick layer of insulation in order to meet the requirements of the Building Energy Act (GEG) and to enable appropriate energy management.
The cantilever arms of the balconies, which were not thermally separated, often posed a problem in the houses of this time. It is often advisable to introduce new balconies as a cantilevered construction, or alternatively the cantilever arm can be insulated from the outside at great expense. This is where the cost-benefit ratio is decisive. The windows also have to be replaced, single glazing and thermally inadequate frames made of inferior wood make this measure necessary.
Tip: Register for the newsletter now
Receive the most important news monthly and free of charge directly in your mailbox
- What does dtr mean in a car
- How to remove transport entries none
- Who owns Brannigans Manchester
- Funny WhatsApp Group Icon Pictures and Names
- What does despised Wagner mean?
- Edgekey Net Whois Domain
- Who Are You School 2015 Summary
- Matt vidulich how did he die chris
- What's up horia moculescu wikipedia
- How To Do Speckle Tracking Echocardiography ppt
- Style furniture 300 cm as many meters
- How old is Barry Gettleman
- How to use lisa pavelka poly bonder
- What is 1st row LCD monitors
- How is Sheryl Crow health
- How to change the BIOS hard disk controller diagnosis
- TV Tropics Doctor Who Fanfic Recs Tumblr
- Who has camcorder battery Epp 112c
- Golden earring when the lady smiles zippyshare
- How to view fastq file
- What is a w8-ben-e form instructions
- Nepal ko rashtriya jhanda chowk
- Tp857 instructions for playing
- What does Confido Non Confundar mean
- Who owns the Atlantis 2 yacht
- What does efren name
- My nose burns when I yawn
- What does aggrieved person mean?
- What is pagi fish in english
- What to feed a malamute dog name
- How to make double pollinated chicken wings
- How to linearize a square graph
- Who plays rich on skins
- How to make a ghillie suit Dayz