Burda pattern 6997 how to wear a loop
10 tips: Understand Burda instructions perfectly
III Understand Burda sewing instructions
Lots of text, lots of technical terms, few pictures. That doesn't necessarily make Burda instructions attractive. So you can still cope with it:
5. NDon't be put off by abbreviations: front. center, according to cutting plan, back trousers part, snapped Slit trim - all of these terms appear very often in Burda manuals. We actually know what these abbreviations mean, but psychologically they make the instructions terribly complicated. Therefore: keep a cool head and break down all the abbreviations first, then the instructions will be much easier!
6. If necessary, google technical terms! If a step in the instructions still sounds confusing: the best thing to do is to google all the unclear terms first. It's actually great that Burda works with the right tailoring terms, but for us laypeople this is not always easy to understand. What was another trim now? A dividing seam? Or an underrun? If you don't have a corresponding book at hand, the Internet usually helps.
7. Work step by step and always read the instructions while sewing: Some work steps sound completely abstract and incomprehensible at first glance: The two parts for the underlap are right sides facing each othereppen, leave the straight edge open. But if you slowly work your way forward with the sewing project and the garment is in front of you in the corresponding work step, it is usually much quicker to understand what is meant.
8. E.Consult a Burda sewing school! In all honesty, this is probably the most important tip of all. The Burda sewing school has been re-launched several times, but an older one does too! I learned to sew with Burda patterns in the mid-nineties and at that time the sewing school (you can buy it here or here) was my absolute greatest support, otherwise I would probably have given up (especially because there was no Google or Youtube yet! ). And my mother naturally gave me this sewing school right at the beginning of my sewing career, so it was apparently earlier custom to have it at home as a supplement.
In the sewing school, all sewing techniques from the Burda instructions are explained in detail and with many pictures, in such a way that they can be understood as an extension of the pattern instructions. So it's the same approach to sewing so that you don't get confused by other approaches or techniques. In the sewing school there is really (almost) no sewing technique left out and in the index you can look up all unclear sewing terms, for which you can find an explanation in the book.
9. Recognize work steps that relate to the specific choice of material. Why do I have to cut coat XY in an oblique thread run? Or in dress XZ put the lining skirt part right sides together on the outer fabric instead of left sides together as usual? If work steps seem strange to you and deviate from what you have learned, then at Burda this is mostly due to the fact that the instructions refer to the original material. This special linen fabric simply falls better in the sloping grain. And with dress XZ, the outer fabric is made of organza (i.e. transparent!), So the lining skirt should be sewn in right side to left (i.e. with the beautiful side facing out and the seam side facing in, so that no ugly seam shows through). It’s logical, right?
10. Certain V.recognize development techniques.
Similar to processing steps for certain types of fabric, Burdastyle instructions also contain instruction steps with certain couture processing techniques. Example: In the case of lined dresses, the side seams are sometimes closed before certain dividing seams so that at the end not a single lining seam can be seen inside the dress and the dress is perfectly collapsed with the lining on all edges. If you process your dress differently - for example, you do not want to feed it at all, but only sew a trim, then it helps to identify precisely these work steps and to omit or modify them. Admittedly, you need a bit of sewing experience to do this.
This post is linked to SewLaLa!
- Yung Martez when I mention texts
- How to get gsis id number online
- What is the act of state doctrine
- What does justice mean across layers
- How to use cetrimide lotion
- Cpp how to program the 9th edition pdf
- Teo chee hean tan yong soon chow
- Phiten titanium necklace test during pregnancy
- How to reset sony xperia e2104
- Rules to be observed in personal care
- What is Safened Seed
- What does kajava mean in English
- What causes popcorn cravings
- How to apply Epiduo cream
- Howard Putzel Peggy Guggenheim film
- What is Kik friends fate
- Industries in Baltikuri Howrah India
- Nauza Kuma WhatsApp Plus
- When does my baby's skull get hard?
- How we do it sonny fodera jahkoy
- Tsubo garden art wholesale
- Who is Moena Maiotui
- Who is Petri Liukkonen
- Mille marie treschow creates a neck