How to go to the Kaybiang tunnel
An ear hole stretched to 15mm with a Delrin tunnel from SwissTeflon
An ear hole stretched to 6mm with an acrylic plug from SwissTeflon
After the piercing you should let the piercing heal before stretching it. Usually it takes about 3 months before you can start stretching an ear hole. But: the longer the better, because this allows a resistant layer of skin to form. This can be stretched more easily and with fewer complications. Here is a table of the recommended minimum waiting times between stretching steps:
- 1mm to 1.2mm (= 16g) - 1 month
- 1.2mm to 1.6mm (= 14g) - 1 month
- 1.6mm to 2mm (= 12g) - 1 month
- 2mm to 2.4mm (= 10g) - 1.5 months
- 2.4mm to 3.2mm (= 8g) - 2 months
- 3.2 to 4mm (= 6g) - 2 months
- 4mm to 5mm (= 4g) - 2 months
- 5mm to 6mm (= 2g) - 2 months
- 6mm to 7mm (= 1g) - 2 months
- 7mm to 8mm (= 0g) - 2 months
(Conversion of larger diameters: size in mm = size in inch x 25.4)
And so on, when you have reached 8mm you usually learn a certain feeling for the body by yourself. Never skip a step! This and not keeping a waiting time can lead to the following things:
- Blowout: the skin protrudes outwards in the puncture canal. It hurts and looks ugly
- Tearing: the ear begins to bleed, scar tissue forms, which makes it difficult to stretch further
- Asshole effect: if you take the plug out of your ear, the lobe looks like an asshole.
- Infection: Should Be Known ...
What should you do if you still stretched too quickly?An overstretched ear hole should be treated like a fresh piercing for the same time as after the piercing. It also helps a lot to put in smaller jewelry again ... even if you might not want to!
Material scienceThe material used is also important. Stretching ALWAYS creates micro-cracks in the skin (not just when you stretch too fast). This allows toxins to penetrate the body particularly well. The following materials are NOT recommended for use after stretching: wood, horn, acrylic, polymer clay. The following are ideal: Teflon, (good) steel, titanium, other biocompatible plastics such as dental acrylic and Delrin. After the waiting time, all materials can be used, with wood you should pay attention to the type.
The stretching itselfThere are different methods. Not suitable are:
- Stretching by weight: The ear is only stretched at the bottom, which thins the tissue. Looks like shit and can run away!
- Stretching by inserting larger jewelry: Mostly leads to blowouts ...
The stretch rod method is the most common:
- Dip the piercing in warm water or take a warm shower to relax the tissue
- Rub the stretch rod (English: taper) with a lubricant such as Vaseline
- Insert the smaller end into the piercing, slowly applying pressure. It should be able to pierce without great pain (a small burning sensation is normal). Don't push all the way through yet!
- Hold the jewelry on the thicker end of the stretch rod and use the jewelry to push the rest of the stretch rod through. So the jewelry is inserted "automatically".
- Remove residues of lubricant
- Treat the freshly stretched piercing like a freshly pierced one! Use salt water, Octanisept or the preferred method for a few days (until it feels healed plus 5 days)
- Do not touch it with your hands! The hands are the # 1 source of infection
Common mistakes when stretching with a stretch rod
- The stretch rods are not made to be worn any longer. Due to their weight, material and length, they very often cause infections and other problems.
- Acrylic stretch rods are not particularly suitable, they have a very large pitch (that is, the rod becomes thicker fairly quickly over a short length). Steel or Teflon stretch bars are very cheap.
A second variant for stretching from approx. 3mm is the Teflon tape method
- Buy Teflon tape. This can be found in the sanitary department in the hardware store.
- Take out the old plugs and wrap a few turns of duct tape around them. It is best to measure with a calliper, it should be approx. 0.2mm more than before
- Rub the wrapped plugs with a lubricant and insert
- 2 days later do the same thing again, until you are one (!!) step further. Again, you shouldn't skip any steps
Common mistakes when stretching with the tape method
- You should only use Teflon tape. Tesa, electrical tape etc. have adhesives in them that are not good for the body.
- Even if it's easy, don't let yourself be tempted to stretch faster. The consequences here are the same as with any other method
Other methods to get a big hole
- Scalpel: Experienced body modification artists (not just the piercer in the village!) Can make an incision with a scalpel to enlarge the ear hole. Mainly used to change the "direction" of stretching
- Punching: Punching out a large hole, up to 8mm. Is not recommended for ear piercings, as tissue is removed that will be needed later for stretching.
Daily careThere are several ideas on how to prevent thinning, make the tissue thicker, and generally keep the ear healthy. It helps a lot if you let the jewelry out overnight. To find out whether you can already do that, you should first take the plug out for an hour and then rush to the 6 or 8 hours. The skin of the puncture canal becomes healthier the more it can breathe. This can be achieved with organic (i.e. wood, horn, etc.) jewelry. Steel tunnel lobes look pink, whereas lobes that are mostly made of wood look like normal skin. You can also maintain the praise by massaging it with oil. Jojoba oil, vitamin E oil and olive oil help tremendously against scar tissue and thinning. To do this, you should massage your earlobes with the oil for about 5 minutes every day. You can get these oils in the drugstore or pharmacy.
Tunnel stenchThe bigger the hole, the more the jewelry starts to stink. This is due to deposits of sebum. To avoid this, you should wash the plugs daily with antibacterial soap or, even better, wear wooden jewelry. So there is no smell at all. You can reduce the stench with horn or silicone jewelry.
Video: stretching the ear hole
Please share this page everywhere.
- WhatsApp Tamil Comedy Photos of Children
- What is the hex value for space
- How did Ron Ercanbrack die
- How to Make Coconut Shell Ashtray Hearts
- What is Lokasamgraha explained
- How long does a Greek sword last
- Ncaer like India earns and saves spending
- Gurgling when accelerating the transmission
- How to Redeem B Series Bonds
- What was the cream and soda computer
- Linda Dolloff what a prison
- How does art reflect culture in a restaurant?
- What lies in us is more important
- What is Econaderm HC cream used for?
- How to clean simota pod filter motorcycle
- What's Cooking in Guyana Pepperpot News
- What do impressions on issuu
- Jakub urbanowicz rehabilitacja ruchowa
- L119 Howitzer field pistol cleaning
- How to measure foot length and arch
- How to create a comparative bid
- What is cmit 369
- How big are the hands of Boban Marjanovic
- How to write the task performance in the assessment