Tawfique chowdhury bangla lecture by dr
Australian doctor Tawfique Chowdhury standing firm after being named on Islamic State 'kill list'
An Australian doctor says he will continue his charity work despite being named by the Islamic State (IS) group on a "kill list".
Tawfique Chowdhury, the founder of Islamic development organization Mercy Mission, attracted the ire of IS for presenting a speech to British anti-terrorism experts.
According to Dr Chowdhury, Muslim scholars are natural allies of the West in fighting extremism and the best strategy for prevention is to dismantle terrorist ideologies using the Koran.
In the latest issue of official IS magazine Dabiq, an anonymous author calls upon the group's followers to "wage jihad" against several western-based Muslims.
Dr Chowdhury says while it was important not to exaggerate how powerful IS is, he was left a little concerned by the threat.
"I don't know who they are. I don't know if they exist in Australia where we live," he said.
He still believes if Australia is to be successful in combating the jihadist ideology, the answer remains in the theological knowledge of Muslim scholars.
"We need to appreciate that Muslim scholars have been addressing this topic ever since Islam has existed, which is 1,400 years ago," Dr Chowdhury said.
"We're talking about Australia, which is only a little more than a century old.
"There has to be a respect that Muslim scholars that are fighting this particular issue, and from an orthodox understanding, are probably the best people placed to address this.
"It cannot be fought on the battlefield of weapons and bullets, it has to be fought on the intellectual battlefield first."
He says Mercy Mission operates in many different countries, and it is not the first time he has received threats from extremist groups for his work.
"A part of me says why? What is so offensive about the message I am spreading?" he said.
A prolific public speaker with a YouTube channel that features hundreds of his speeches, he says his work must go on in spite of the threats.
"A part of me is relieved, there is some sort of impact and [that our] work is going on and is making some people worry."
- Ava Luxembourg Howald Heures Douverture
- What does Intuitive Attraction mean in Urdu
- Movie in which guy loses it in traffic
- How to Make a Blogger Template Responsive
- How to Reconstitute Peptides for Bodybuilding
- 100ml perfume how long
- How to build a rail weapon
- Protruding ears celebrities who smoke
- Where do sapodilla trees grow in Michigan
- How to Scare the Druid Sorcerer 3
- Minecraft How To Make A Leeds
- How to Roll a Bluntarillo Wrap
- What is the aux cord joke
- How to use fftw
- The man who laughs makeup artist in 1928
- Siv goalie in hockey, what icing does
- Virkon 1% solution indicates how many mg ml
- What would you do Dogg Pound Zippysack
- How to correct uneven shoulder height
- Maplestory what skills to steal for Phantom
- How to notice tiny forum details
- What not to wear denise instagram online
- El saxo cloacal descargar whatsapp
- How many days between using Afrin
- Maps of Howrah's platform
- How cyn santana brother died
- Imagenes ofensivas para whatsapp mensajes
- What is my g number gmu masonlive
- What picks does Al di Meola use
- Dr. Abdul Alim Chowdhury
- Wfs level how to set the automatic update
- Danfoss vlt 6000 how to reset the alarm
- How do I wear level ankle protection rating